Anybody ever do any hunting in Myrtle Beach

jasonscoins

Apr 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed to Myrtle Beach, S.C. for vacation and the weather may be crappy due to tropical storm. So if I'm stuck indoors, I wouldn't mind picking up a few rolls. Anybody ever hunt/have success down there? Also, are there any free coin counters at any of the banks in the area?

Lastly, I know this should go in a different thread, but has anybody done any metal detecting down there and had any good results?

Upvote 0

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Last summer I went into a credit union they sold me $5.00 in pennies although I wasn't a CRH then. They said I couldn't bring the change back though.

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got back from Myrtle last week after 2 weeks, and I think I now know business 17 like the back of my hand. Definitely skunk city, although you may have better luck. The biggest concentration of banks is on Oak Street. No, I didn't see any coin counters. Good luck!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Yes, I did a road trip there a couple of years ago and I had some decent success on the rural route coming down to myrtle beach from Carolina. It just takes one bank and a couple of solid rolls to make your day. That is what happened with me. I did good but again that was a while ago. Many people have caught on to the hobbie since then.

Golden Silver

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
The tropical storm completely dissipated, so your weather may improve, even though the rain might persist.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Headed to Myrtle Beach, S.C. for vacation and the weather may be crappy due to tropical storm. So if I'm stuck indoors, I wouldn't mind picking up a few rolls. Anybody ever hunt/have success down there? Also, are there any free coin counters at any of the banks in the area?

Lastly, I know this should go in a different thread, but has anybody done any metal detecting down there and had any good results?

Yes. No. No.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread