ANYBODY HAVE A DATE ON THIS HJ PIPPETT JEWELERS TOKEN?

njdetector

Greenie
Nov 26, 2014
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANYBODY HAVE A DATE ON THIS HJ PIPPETT JEWELER'S TOKEN?

I just found this HJ Pippett token in an area with coins dating to 1894. Does anybody have a date for this? DSCN1434.JPG DSCN1433.JPG

Upvote 2

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you try Google ? That's usually the easiest way. Or someone on the forum may nail it for you. It is a nice token find.

OP
OP
N

njdetector

Greenie
Nov 26, 2014
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it on google at tokencatalog.com, but the guy that posted it didn't have a date, it was a long time ago. There doesn't seem to be much on the internet about HJ Pippett. This token has been on Ebay and maybe someone remembers it from there.

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Harry Joseph Pippitt was born October 28, 1879 in Hanover, Ohio, son of Henry "Harry" Ridgeway and Elizabeth Maria (Bull) Pippitt. He married Stella Almeda Branch in New York on October 3, 1908. The marriage record indicates that Harry was a jeweler, so he may have been in business as early as that. In 1914 and as late as 1940 he lived in Port Jervis and owned a retail jewelry store. Harry died September 21, 1949.

In 1914 he is listed in the Port Jervis City Directory as a jeweler and optometrist at 91 Pike. He and Stella lived at 54 Kingston.

They had two children, Richard B. (1909-1982) and Elizabeth H. (1913).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions