Anybody have groups for prospecting or metal detecting in Redding ca

Outlawdigger

Nov 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys new to the group. I live in Montgomery creek and have been exploring the area since I was little. Just wondering if anyone has any groups that get together in Redding ca. Was detecting around igo today for gold. Didn't find anything. wondering if you guys get together And go out as groups and share input or others thoughts.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Out-law-digger, welcome from Salinas, CA ,to the hobby and the forum. I've detected a bit up in the Redding to Red Bluff corridor over the years. You are in a pretty isolated area , population wise (needless to say). So ... not sure if there's hobbyists up that way that are vocal-types. I know there's some nugget guys up that was, but not sure of coin/relic guys.

In researching some stuff, a few years ago, up that way, I met several hunters in the Redding to Red bluff corridor, but got the feeling they were not too hard-core . Eg.: Simple school yard and lake-beach type hunters. And a few others that were strictly nugget prospector types. There is a dealer in the Chico to Oroville area (I forget exactly where), who deals mostly to nugget enthusiasts. But he may know of hunters (via his customer contacts) from the Redding area. If you go to each of the major manufacturers dealer listings (@ their website), you can see what dealer is in your northern CA area. And see if they know of local hunters in your Redding area.

OP
OP
O

Outlawdigger

Nov 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advise. I've been on a few sites up north lots of square nails, buttons, tool, horse tack, rifle, pistol, and shot shells. 3-4 coins but nothing special. I was wondering if I was to get into the old mining camps. Would I be better off

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... I was wondering if I was to get into the old mining camps. Would I be better off

Depends on the "mining camp" . Personally I prefer old defunct picnic spots and stage stops, over miner tent city and/or ghost towns. Stage stops and picnic sites have higher coin -ratios IMHO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions