Anybody here knowledgeable about Nike Air Shoes?

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually avoid clothes and shoes. However, I have an opportunity to pick up several pairs of Nike Air basketball shoes. They are all still in the original box and appear to be in excellent condition. I doubt if they are new but they certainly have very little wear on them. I know some of these shoes sell for crazy big money. I'm sure there are many that sell for very good, but not crazy, money. I also know there are tens of thousands of them on eBay and countless variations in style. So the trick is how to distinguish high value shoes from low value shoes. Does anybody here know what to look for?

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have the box, you should already have the name of the shoe model. Go here and use the calculator to find value:

http://kicksworth.com/calculator/

I've sold them before and it's all about rarity and condition. Most are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them like artwork. Unless it is a rare model, then they can bring in hundred to thousands of dollars. If it's not a rare shoe, then I recommend starting a really low auction price and hope that a few people get into a bidding war and let the market determine the value.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
No, I don't have the box or any pics. Thanks for the link to the sneakers calculator. I wonder where the calculator gets value data. EVERYTHING is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. That is the very definition of "worth". I certainly would not expect any of these shoes to bring in the thousands. I checked retail prices on Nike Air basketball shoes at Footlocker. Prices range from about $50 - $200. Based on that, the shoes I am interested in are probably $100 or more each. I don't think an auction listing would be a good strategy for this type of item. Shoe size and style will limit the potential market to a very few people. I think it would be unlikely to encounter two or more people at the same time who wear the same size shoe and really like that particular style so I would be afraid a low auction start would result in me losing money.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly if they are jordans in the box and you can pick them up cheap (under $40), I would say go for it. Also it's best when they are in a normal size range (9-12), most sneakerheads buy shoes in their size even if they never wear them.

NWpickin

Aug 27, 2014
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any pics? I have close to 75 pairs of basketball shoes in my collection all picked from 2nd hand stores or garage sales.... I can tell you just by looking At them what they are worth and the best way to sell them.

OP
OP
T

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for the crappy pics but this is the best I could get. Any info you can provide would be most appreciated.

Shoes1.jpg

Shoes2.jpg

Shoes3.jpg

Shoes4.jpg

Shoes5.jpg

Shoes6.jpg

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blue one are 1 with orange laces i used to have a pair in red white ........was i 10 no i saved them from a garbage they were mounted on roller skates.....................

RR

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
How much are they charging you? The top pair of get Jordans are nice and were about $150 or so when first released. If the price is right, I would say GO FOR IT. And if they are between 8-12, that is also good. I have only sold a couple pairs of Nike (Lebron and Kobe) and each were listed at the lowest price I wanted($99.00) and they both sold for over $150 each. Size 10 and size 12. But as mentioned earlier...the shoe calculator is your best bet. I met a guy who makes literally THOUSANDS of dollars a year selling nothing but shoes on eBay and Facebook.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread