Anybody interested in an adjustable flare for a sluice?

seclymer

Greenie
Jan 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all,
I am designing a flare for a personal sluice. As I will use this sluice for various environments that contain either fine or large gold, I want to be able to control the waterflow in the sluice. If I am collecting fine gold, I want to have a flare that has a small opening, but if I am collecting larger gold, I want a wider flare to increase water flow. I have not been able to find an adjustable flare on the market. Would anybody be interested in a product like this. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Sam

Upvote 0

rivets

Jan 31, 2016
where I am
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Other
"Scissor Flare" love it :thumbsup: could be made easily ... three interlocking parts and a few rivets ... u need help with design let me know ...

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show me a prototype.

GG~

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be more important to add the increased flow , or decreased flow , depending on the water flow itself . I think the size of the gold won't matter , as long as you can control the flow for veriable sluice size . Yes I would be interested . It would also be cool if the flare was hinged so it could be folded flat for packing . JMHO You will have to make it deep enought to use with the Bazooka Gold Trap though . LOL

Last edited:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the day I have placed a rock to partially cover where the water enters to cut down on the flow.
A flare would have been nice back then.
Marvin

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just checking another post , and I think this is the young man , that wants to build something for a college project for engineering .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread