Anybody know what happened to TH Bob Trevillian in Maryland??

Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know treasure hunter and author Bob Trevillian died possibly in 1999...I went to school with him at Glen Burnie High School and then followed his treasure-hunting exploits...have always wondered why and how he died at such a young age. I am 61 now which means he must have been only around 45 years old. I tried finding info on what happened to him but was unsuccessful...hoping somebody can put this to rest. He wrote the GREAT book DIAMONDS IN THE SURF. He was also a nice guy back then when there were so many bullies. Was he in a car crash or have a heart attack??? Anybody know?? I understand his co-author is deceased as well. Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

OP
OP
O
Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surprised no one has responded at all
Bob was on the High School Football team and then went on that incredible treasure-hunting adventure, writing several books and even a video narrated by CHUCK CONNORS of THE RIFLEMAN tv fame...only those of us in late 50s and up would remember The Rifleman on tv I suppose. I even used Bob's book and started to do his surf hunting method and even started finding valuables but a marriage got in the way and I abandoned it...did this in Florida, Daytona Beach. Has really bugged me not knowing what happened to him as I remember him well from Glen Burnie High School. 45 is so young and he did so much in his few years on this earth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O
Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deepseeker-

i guess you didn't read my question. Yes I GOOGLED him and yes I know he died....my question is HOW??? At such a young age. So if you found out something more please post what you found out. Your reply says nothing. thanks. Olivia

Why is it so important to know HOW he died? Seems like morbid curiosity. It is more important to know HOW he LIVED!
Had his books Diamonds in the Surf and the Poor Mans Treasure Hunter and one of his videos...Really enjoyed them..

OP
OP
O
Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is it with people here...crotchety Newfiehunter

I KNEW HIM
I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH HIM
what is wrong with you

Did You KNOW him?? NO!!!!!!!!!!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your school's class reunion committee would be a good place to find out that info. Do a search for your school and his year of graduation and you'll probably find some info that way. Someone from his class must know what happened to him. Good luck.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I sure relate to that. I do some light genealogy. My father's mother died in 1916, during childbirth two weeks after seeing her sister die a horrid death when her clothes caught on fire. That sister's husband later married the daughter of another sister of my grandma using a phony name. He later divorced her using his own name.

Next time I go there I am asking the court house if I can get copies of the divorce papers, to find out just what happened, what with the phony name marriage and all. That was around 1920's.

Why on earth not find out? It is history and relevant as OP says to those who have connections to the person.

nhbeachcomber

Greenie
Jun 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bob trevillan and frank carter were the two greatest treasure hunters of all time and let there memories remain in these videos although both have passed away there life stories never will!! hats off and a bow!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread