Anybody live in Ann Arbor, MI?

Magil

Jan 18, 2008
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, Sharpshooter II
I'm interested. Sorry, I don't know what PM means.
We'll be visiting friends in Olivet in the early Spring and would love a little adventure like this
to challenge them with.
I'm pretty new to this site but was thinking the other night how much fun it would be to "plant"
some treasure for folks to look for and then put clues on the site.
Kind of like they do on the Geocaching site.
I've already started putting together some "treasures" to place out there come Spring.
One of them is going to be a container of wheat pennies. I figure they have to be of some value for
people to go looking for them.
Anyone know if there are web sites out there that promote this kind of recreation?
Magil

OP
OP
BARGuy

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
PM = Look at the left of my original post, towards the bottom & you'll see a "button" labeled "Private Message", commonly referred to as "PM".

Click on there & it takes you to a mail field where you can send a message to me that is not available to other forum viewers. This is generally where we communicate with one another on topics not necessarily interesting to...or intended for...everyone.

Cheers, DR

OP
OP
BARGuy

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
OOPS! I've gotten more response to this than I anticipated, so I'm going to post some more details...Most everything except the street address...in hopes of thinning out the "field".

Recall I posted that this was probably not worth a long drive. That said...

Back when I was in elementary school...late '40s...I was into collecting stamps & coins & wasted time dreaming about pirate/outlaw treasure. I decided it would be cool to bury a small treasure myself for somebody else to find "later" or in case I got evicted.

I buried a small coffee can (the short/wide type) containing, if memory serves, some buffalo nickels, a few IH pennies & possibly a Merc or 2. Also seems I included some written material & some other "contraband" that my folks wouldn't have approved of!

I buried the can at about 4"-6", 50-75 yards off a paved residential street, up a "lane" than ran alongside our house, on some vacant land across the lane from our house, about 10-20 yards from a long line of beautiful Blue Spruce trees. I can probably direct you within a 50 x 75 foot area.

The house was cement block & was still there about 20 years ago when we buried my dad. As a bonus, there is a large city park & the elementary school I attended within a few blocks. A '40s Jr. High School is/was within walking distance. This is all middle class residential.

I offer no warranty that this "cache" can be found, is even still on vacant land, or what it contains! If you want to look for/retreive it, consider it yours. I would just like a brief report!

Good Luck & HH

With this in mind, if you're still interested, PM me. I will give the street address & further instructions only to one party...the first to respond.

OP
OP
BARGuy

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Thanx to all those that responded! This "treasure" is no longer available.

Cheers, DR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread