anybody near muncie or Noblesville?

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello and welcome to tnet.im not far from you im in middlebury but usually hunt in michigan feel free to ask any questions :hello:

OP
OP
fishinmcc

fishinmcc

Jan 8, 2013
Will do. Just started doin this this winter. To date I've found 4 wheats and around a buck in clad. I'm stuck using a low end bounty hunter. Probably the cheapest md out there. I get coin tones sometimes from small iron pieces. Do u know anything about these machines?

fishinmcc muncie indiana TreasureNet

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will do. Just started doin this this winter. To date I've found 4 wheats and around a buck in clad. I'm stuck using a low end bounty hunter. Probably the cheapest md out there. I get coin tones sometimes from small iron pieces. Do u know anything about these machines?

i dont know much about the bounty hunter brand but as with all metal detectors it is common for them to false on iron you have to walk a circle around the target and if your only getting a signal at a certain angle then its more than likely iron but you never know so it pays to dig it all

OP
OP
fishinmcc

fishinmcc

Jan 8, 2013
Yeah from all info gathered here I figured I'd be pullin plenty o trash no matter what the reading.

Nitrofisher Digger

Tenderfoot
Mar 3, 2013
NE Indy
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX/Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im in NE Indy around Mccordsville. Work up in Noblesville actually. I wouldnt be much help in teaching you anything, still learning myself.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah from all info gathered here I figured I'd be pullin plenty o trash no matter what the reading.

yeah its just a fact of life with metal detecting you can block out iron and pulltabs with the detectors but in doing so you could miss out on gold and other goodies

OP
OP
fishinmcc

fishinmcc

Jan 8, 2013
Yeah I read in the maual I downloaded for this thing that it would read small gold in its iron tone

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I read in the maual I downloaded for this thing that it would read small gold in its iron tone

Sonofadigger brings up a key point about swinging the detector around from a different angle after you get a hot signal. An example from a short hunt yesterday: I got a loud, clear high tone then swing again and again from the same direction. Same exciting tone. Moved around to swing from another angle and NO tone! Not even a whimper. I had already set the detector to not "see" iron, pull tabs, and junk. So what the heck was down there that only gave me a signal from one position? I could pinpoint on it, and did. Just had to find out what manner of trash or treasure was trying to fool me. It was a squashed ball of aluminum foil about one inch diameter! Even though I told the detector not to bother with such junk. <lol>

OK, curiosity will likely have me down there digging the next signal just like that but at least I will not have high hopes of it being a silver half dollar.

Happy hunting up there in northern IN. Hope the winter is over.

M

OP
OP
fishinmcc

fishinmcc

Jan 8, 2013
I wish it were. Winters hangin on with a death grip. Might get a break by Friday though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread