Anybody out there swingin a detector after open heart surgery?

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Anybody out there swingin' a detector after open heart surgery?

I recently had bypass surgery. Incisions seem to be healing nicely, but my shoulder blades are s-o-r-e where they apparently stretched open my ribcage.

Anybody get over it enough to swing & how long have I got to wait? This hangin' around the house really smells!

Cheers...

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leave the house and go to the bar.....might smell better but I doubt it. :laughing7: I have a good friend that has had three heart surgery's and has something...a pacemaker ? that makes a ticking noise....but anyhow he detects with me all the time.You should probably take it easy and have someone with you if you do go detecting.Good luck !

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check with the surgeon....he should be able to give you a timeline as to when it would be safe and at what pace.

Regards + HH

Bill

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two of my hunting partners had open heart surgery, one of them was told by his cardiologist to wait a year and he did. The other one started swinging his detector after six months, he seems to be alright just doesn't have the stamina, if it were me I would switch to a troy or tesoro because they are real light compared to the older whites di's that they are using........GL.... Scott.

OP
OP
BARGuy

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Yeah...I go in for the pacemaker implant tomorrow...Heart beat was down to 44 BPM, but surgery got it up to lower 60s BPM...They want it higher.

REAL happy to hear that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! I've got a coupla lighter machines to use for a few months, but I love my Whites analog.

And maybe I can get my wife of 54 years interested again...That way she could protect her interests...and she's good company!

Thanx for the encouraging words! DR

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I had a triple bypass . Full sternum split and my heart laying on a table for 2 hours . Week in hospital in recovery . 3 days after I got home I started my rehab project . Put in a 12'x24' patio from the start . Hurt a bit and took me a long time .
Swinging the coil was a leisure activity compared to that .
>Every person's recovery is relative to their own overall health , doctor's opinion , and just how aggressive they want to be .

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bestest friend in the whole world had by-pass surgery a couple of years ago. Two weeks after the operation he wanted to go gold panning with me. Being the bestest friend I took him with the understanding I would dig, haul material to him and he would feed the sluice. Got him fixed up with a nice canvas chair next to the sluice. Bestest friend lasted less than a quarter of a five gallon bucket. Pooped out. Had to bail. Just getting him the short distance back to the truck had me sacred to death. Everybody recovers at a different rate. The following summer he was digging dredging fool. Now he tells the story of how I took him off the creek that day just when he was starting to have fun and find gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions