Anybody recognize this relic hunter? Caught him trespassing on my property just now!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Creskol... ever see the movie "The Revenant" ?

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking bear. Do you think he might have been looking for pick a nick baskets? You know he is smarter than the average bear.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hee Hee, that was a great movie and scene in Jeremiah Johnson. It brings about the saying: Be careful what you wish for. Lol

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hee Hee, that was a great movie and scene in Jeremiah Johnson. It brings about the saying: Be careful what you wish for. Lol

You've got that right! When I was younger, I hoped to see a Black Bear while hunting and digging Ginseng or hunting for legal game. However, after having been charged by two different Sows each with Cubs and also once having to blend in with the bushes, brush and an old logging road bank when a Sow and her' two Cubs walked up on me while Bow Hunting in West Virginia and them coming within 15 feet from where I was froze in place, I really don't hope to see a Black Bear anymore. This is especially true after having a 600++ pound massive Black Bear stroll in below me while Bow Hunting out of a treestand just before dark and hanging around til dark. I had to climb down the tree in the dark without knowing where the Black Bear was or if it was going to attack me or not. After being scared crapless, it is hard to go to the bathroom for a few days!:BangHead::laughing7:

Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe it. I enjoy wildlife from a respectable distance. I always think of that show "Grizzly Man " if I called it right. The guy that would swim in the rivers with Grizzly bears while the bears would look at him like he was crazy. The guy that would talk childish to these 600 pound 7 foot monsters. The same guy that got himself and his girlfriend mauled and eaten by that one renegade grizzly bear.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it. I enjoy wildlife from a respectable distance. I always think of that show "Grizzly Man " if I called it right. The guy that would swim in the rivers with Grizzly bears while the bears would look at him like he was crazy. The guy that would talk childish to these 600 pound 7 foot monsters. The same guy that got himself and his girlfriend mauled and eaten by that one renegade grizzly bear.

I remember seeing a documentary on that guy, and if I recall he was told by wildlife officials not to interact with them.

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are three facts to remember about Black Bears .Their scientific name is Ursus Americanus . Their population is growing .And if you are going to areas where they live you should go with someone that runs slower than you do

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Montana when showing the out of stater the local wildlife and bear population, we just make sure that we can run a little faster than the guest. Just Kidding?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread