Anybody take back rolled halves to dump?

Treorp55

Feb 6, 2011
Eaton Rapids, MI
Looking at ordering my first box soon. I do all of my banking at 5/3 banks, not sure if they will let me order or not, but will try. None of the ones i use have a coin counter, and i do not know of any banks in the area that have customer counters either. If it ok to take 500-1000 in rolled halves a bank? I have read a few pages of threads on here and have not seen any topics asking this question. What are my other options for dumping besides retail outlets.

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 banks that will accept rolled halfs. The other banks that I work with will not accept rolled coins. They will unwarp them and run them thur the counter.....Matt

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
None of my dump banks have (customer use) counters, so all they accept is rolled coin. However, conversations with the tellers reveal they (the tellers) then have to unwrap and dump the coins in bags that are sent out via armored truck to the counting/rolling facility........wow that's a lot of work for the tellers. One of the banks I dump at confessed they have a counter, but only they can use it.

Gotta buy some more trinkets for my dump bank ladies.

Jasonstar94

Feb 23, 2011
Most of the banks I go to accept rolled halves, but i'll have to wait and see what happens when I start bringing in larger quantities.

OP
OP
Treorp55

Treorp55

Feb 6, 2011
Eaton Rapids, MI
Ok thanks, im just going to start out small, ordering a 500 box every couple weeks to start at one branch and dumping on a couple other branches in smaller amounts between boxes.

AgentX

Dec 21, 2010
Coin counters in my area are rare so, I have to roll of of mine. The most I will bring in to one dump bank is 1k. Most banks are able to ship the coins out once the accumulate 1k worth plus, I've had some banks that are glad to get them because they have so many customers ask for them ;D

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
Get a couple of canvas bags and fill them and bring them in to your bank. Tell them you want to deposit the coins in your acct. Fill out a deposit slip. They should run them to verify the amount.

Bad part is that you won't be able to get the cash out until the coins are counted unless you have a good relationship with the tellers. They'll credit or debit your acct accordingly though.

JT10

Oct 29, 2010
The Mitten State
I don't think you should have any problem dumping rolls at a 5/3rd branch. I don't dump there personally, but I have been to several in the Grand Rapids area that someone dumps entire boxes (in rolls) at a time at. Nothing like walking in, being told they have a box in the vault, and finding out that every roll was opened, sorted (all coins face up) and taped shut.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
It depends on where I am dumping.

Most of the banks I dump at open up the rolls and send them through the coin machine behind the counter. Some will take rolled coined.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I roll halves that are rejected from the machines and give rolled halves to banks that are someone elses dump bank or banks where a teller collects.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread