Anybody take sleep aids?

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4:20 works for me..the older you get the more you have to hash out in your mind before you drift off. got a lotta stuff rambling around up there, like 50 marbles in a gas dryer. of course a good woman makes for a great nights sleep, even at my age...........................................................................................lucky me, no pills,,,just bad heart

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, don't like them ( I did take them for a very short time in my life 20 years ago ). Sorry to hear about your brother.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a magnesium citrate supplement, at least 200 mg a day. It helps you get to sleep and stay asleep. I started taking it originally to see if it would help my blood sugar. Did nothing for that but I noticed within a week of starting it that I was sleeping so much better. Also if you are a coffee or any caffeinated beverage drinker, cut those out early in the day.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been an insomniac for most all of my adult years. Got so bad that here a couple weeks ago, I couldn't sleep at all for 3 days. Yes, I have high blood pressure - one of my doctors told me "You gonna dwop dead". He offered no help so I dwopped him instead. I do prefer home grown doctors, but you get others along the way. BTW, that doctor dwopped dead himself.

Doctors tell me that some people just don't need as much sleep as others. I guess....

I do find that a couple of beers before sleep helps a lot, but then you wake up early gotta pee :(

Whatever.... I just deal with it.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trying to help here....
I use a 3mg Melatonin tablet,
and a cool room - set your air conditioner on low,
darkened room, quiet time before hopping into bed.
The supplement will take effect in hr or less - you aren't
terribly rushed to get to bed.
My wife tho, she just reads before going to bed, gets sleepy that way - a good idea too.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw for from depression anxiety and insomnia what pills that you’re taking that knocks you out that’s what I’m looking for. Lol

Ambien is the sleep aid that I take when and only when I need it. The last time I took a half of one and it helped. But, I haven't had one since.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To those that suggest alcohol let me tell you that I cannot drink! Back in my Navy days I drank because everyone else did. My problem (or blessing) was that I could get just as drunk on one beer as others who drank hard liquor. I never could make myself like beer though so I just quit. And, I also smoked some pot back in the 70s Nut quit cold turkey when I found myself liking it too much, not to mention it was illegal at the time. I take a low dose of the anti-depressant and blood pressure medications. I think that they are helping me cope and hopefully I won't need them much longer.
I appreciate all the replies and the well wishes. It's good to have friends even if you have never met them!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m gonna let y’all in on something that happened to me not too long ago. I suffer from anxiety and insomnia. I’m on 4 sleep aids one being Ambien. When I woke up I noticed something that was in the refrigerator on my nightstand. Then I opened the refrigerator to get me something to drink in my hat was in the refrigerator I started thinking what the hell is going on here. Last but not least The four windows in my truck won’t roll down and the Hood was popped open. It was freaky it was something that I did and didn’t even know. The clincher here is I sleep naked. LOL

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my doctor recommended Melatonin was a waste of money !
Kept me up all night.

Now I Jest Come down off My Coffee high & Stay up till I Feel like I will Pass Out
Or Lay down for a few hours till I dose off
[h=2][/h]

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove my car while asleep on ambien and went out to the store, woke up in the chicken house another time and woke up in the yard with a loaded shotgun. dumped potted plants into my bed , ate a bag of peanuts and drank 6 beers. ALL WHILE ASLEEP! on Ambien . If a person does not have someone to watch over them stay away from that stuff or you may end up in jail or dead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread