Anyone Able to Link Treasure?

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Re: Anyone Able to Link Treasue?

There's a couple of reasons, one I think they are to hard to figure out and are given up on, there's not that many left to discover possibly five out of a hundred or less. People with lots of early information, The folks that placed it there came back and got it, ask your self ( and and I have no Idea ) the countries that have a lot of treasure stored up and not much mining going on, where does it come from, a lot of folks like myself just enjoy the hunt, you don't have to kill anything, no ones property gets destroyed, its healthy living, a challenge, outside one with nature, and who knows, folks do win the lottery, everyone thinks that everyone who is a treasure hunter is a winner, well that's not always true at all, for the most part its just folks that want to have fun, enjoy live life in their own way, as a matter of fact your chances of winning the lottery is better, most have stories to tell, I almost found the big one, or the big one got away, I almost got close ( I use the last one myself ) I have seen my share of symbols, followed the trail and seen ( what I thought was the end ) I have heard stories from all around the countries. Do I share, almost always, I have had three heart attacks ( I have less than 1/2 of a heart left ) allergies, 72 years old, got Gout in both ankles and knees, I use crutches a lot of the time, would I trade all the trails that I've followed for my health back, the answer is no. Its been a blast

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

dsty said:
There's a couple of reasons, one I think they are to hard to figure out and are given up on, there's not that many left to discover possibly five out of a hundred or less. People with lots of early information, The folks that placed it there came back and got it, ask your self ( and and I have no Idea ) the countries that have a lot of treasure stored up and not much mining going on, where does it come from, a lot of folks like myself just enjoy the hunt, you don't have to kill anything, no ones property gets destroyed, its healthy living, a challenge, outside one with nature, and who knows, folks do win the lottery, everyone thinks that everyone who is a treasure hunter is a winner, well that's not always true at all, for the most part its just folks that want to have fun, enjoy live life in their own way, as a matter of fact your chances of winning the lottery is better, most have stories to tell, I almost found the big one, or the big one got away, I almost got close ( I use the last one myself ) I have seen my share of symbols, followed the trail and seen ( what I thought was the end ) I have heard stories from all around the countries. Do I share, almost always, I have had three heart attacks ( I have less than 1/2 of a heart left ) allergies, 72 years old, got Gout in both ankles and knees, I use crutches a lot of the time, would I trade all the trails that I've followed for my health back, the answer is no. Its been a blast

That's a very good response, dsty.

People are involved with this stuff because it's fun. Caches have been recovered, but only with proprietary information to start with - something we are not privy too. These sorts of caches still exist but we can't know the secrets to their recovery because they are hidden beyond our capabilities. We settle for the 'signs' we find in the hills to spur us on to 'Spanish treasure'. Never mind that 99+% of the 'signs' have absolutely nothing to do with 'treasure' - and many are not manmade signs at all, but natural occurances. It's kind of a fantasy subculture - some players realize it with tongue in cheek, some believe it's real. As dsty said, no harm is done and the player has a fun reason to explore lots of cool country. The only harm comes from abandoning your life to chase something that never was.

DoveFeather

Apr 18, 2010

"Follow The Signs" great book by a very interesting man.. Dsty, I really like your responce. I have walked the trails of the ancient for over 39 years now and the many treasures I have found has been worth it all, Who said a treasure had to GLITTER!!!! As Thom would say, boots on the ground! Springfield, what floats your boat? My family has had more fun with back pack on, boots on trails than most people could have in a boat on water!!!! I think it is to each his own choice and who knows just what may lay over the next hill!!!!!

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County

There's lots of theories about the settlement of New Spain, I have one and it is that the new settlers who was going to settle this land would have a square league all measured out and ready or perhaps more in certain areas to call his own and along with it would include a gold a bounty of gold, Church's along the trail would be out post, Sacred Heart in Seminole County was only one of many along the South Canadian River, perhaps someone would do the proper research, I would think that between the years of 1750 and 1850 would give a pretty good idea of where they were. Just thinking. Kinda like a kid chasing grass hoppers, then sees a lizard and takes off after it, that's just how my mind works,

OP
OP
Killzworth

Killzworth

Greenie
Aug 7, 2010
Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250-Sniper

I must be completely honest, I have read dozens of threads in this forum on treasure signs, looked at countless photos, looked at them again as others see other things and go to town with paint, and have read the written ramblings and hypotheses of people who appear to have overactive imaginations. I didn't expect to see pictures in response to my question, and I haven't...and yet now I think I've seen a glimpse of the "Treasure". I also must admit I was looking forward to having a good laugh at the excuses and the deflection that I was expecting, however that is not present. Instead of what could have been said, I get some very level headed explanations, and can see that the thrill of the chase is in fact the thrill of the chase. I'm going to keep reading this forum -although I had decided as of last night that it was all nonsense- but now I think I will share in the treasure that you are all finding.

Cheers!

Killz

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old Dog said:

Ibid.

Footnote: The thrill of the hunt is were MOST of the pleasure is found. The "finding" is almost anticlimatic, but fascinating. To answer your question, there is one photo, shown twice, in this forum of a partial Spanish cache that was found a few decades ago. I'll let you have the thrill of the hunt in finding it. :thumbsup: I'll give you one hint: The person posting the photo was involved in finding it and you should broaden you outlook. (OK, that was 2 hints. ;D)

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County

Yes I seen the photo, the background was a desert grass, hillside was on about a 30 degree angle, looked like there had been a horse walker there because of the big ole "O"( that was imprinted ) that was in the background. I had it on my screen saver for awhile, slobbers everywhere had to take it down.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dsty said:
Yes I seen the photo, the background was a desert grass, hillside was on about a 30 degree angle, looked like there had been a horse walker there because of the big ole "O"( that was imprinted ) that was in the background. I had it on my screen saver for awhile, slobbers everywhere had to take it down.

Dsty:
The photos I was thinking about have the beautiful lady in it. NOW, with the pic you mentioned, there are at least 2 different situations represented in photos on this forum.
There you go, Killz. Three postings of 2 different photos showing actually recoveries of Spanish treasures. As the man said..........ALL of them won't be empty. Finding the full ones is the cap of a pleasurable hunt.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other

killz
If you think about the nature of your question, consider the following points

1. the object of our search is considered 'treasure trove' and is regulated by the feds.
2. secondary to that nature is they are/or can be 'artifacts' and as such Americans have
little or no right to these artifacts.
3. a 50 year old beer can is considered an 'artifact' .you cannot pick up such an artifact. legally.
4. Now IF you were picking up these 'beer cans' and had a nice collection of them, would you consider
answering your own question? then would you do it on a National, rather worldwide web forum?

Have I found treasure? Yes of course - if the real treasure truly is being outdoors in the fresh air and sunshine getting lots of exercise, spending countless hours researching , the joys of discovering ancient knowledge and the friendships you make along the way, yes indeed!

Now I know that the monuments are there by the thousands all over the country, and that a lot of them may be empty,. but that is ok....if nothing else this is the challenge of solving the mystery. Not 'beer cans'
No greed or lust for cans has much of a play in this hobby, it is not about that. It is about breaking the code and finding out the Truth of it for your self. If..and just if..after 20,.30 or even 40 years , one was to find a 'beer can' then that is fine if not that is fine too.

so you see it is a delicate this thing of looking for and perhaps finding a 'beer can'.

all my posts have the same tag line on the bottom

DoveFeather

Apr 18, 2010

to look into a empty hole is in it self is very interesting, to understand the trouble the people of the ancient would go to to hide a treasure, to see a 3 1/3 foot square hole that is 5 ft 7 inches deep in bed rock, then a ledge that would hold a cap stone flush with the top of the bed rock. the many monuments, symbols and signs along the trail to this empty hole was very important in understanding why so many of these treasures are still under foot. Most couch potatoes would never figure out how to remove a 2 ton cap stone to start there dig.

Attachments

• DSC00278-1.JPG
    DSC00278-1.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 468

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008

Dsty,what wonderful words and thoughts you have written. Hugs.

For me too the treasure is the journey. Not just Spanish but figuring out who came before...and how they modified the environment.

It is history that is mostly unrecorded and so much beauty is out there. I am sure there are some who have a more practical goal oriented approach and perhaps documentation to assist them. But it is nature, mystery and the puzzle.

To me because of the nature of the west,,, it is soo big and can not be protected, a lot will never be publicized in order to protect the land that so many love.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer

Killzworth said:
Hey all, anyone out there able to post pics of a cache that was found after a sign-following hunt, or able to direct me to a post with pictures of a cache that was found?

Thanks in advance
Yes, I believe that I can...pass as did OD....and others...Rangler probably explained it best....and I apprieciate the other comments and additional photos. Some are willing to share photos and knowledge with no compensation in order to help the true seekers on their trails as I and others have done. Should you or anyone expect someone to hand you the "key" and cheat you out of the personal satisfaction of researching, putting your knowledge to use, and maybe following a trail to the end regardless of the outcome? Enjoy....as your second post said you came in with a negative attitude and you can only change that with the positive one as you stated..? Dsty, and Desertmoons have a great attitude

Oddrock

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

rangler said:
If you think about the nature of your question, consider the following points......

yada yada yada

........hope this helps
rangler

Have I found treasure? Yes if the real treasure is truly being outdoors in the fresh air, sunshine getting lots of exercise, spending countless hours researching , the joys of discovering ancient knowledge and the friendships you make along the way, yes indeed!

pps: all my posts have the same tag line on the bottom....

P8 "seek knowledge rather than silver, seek understanding rather than gold"

In other words, this guy hasn't found anything either.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dsty...You are the man!.... I do hope to meet you in person one day....pull up a lawnchair....and listen to some of your adventures that you would choose to share with me.....Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread