maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I do, I have a few branches that save them for me, they just toss them in the trash, some will give them to you some won't. I have never recieved anything worth posting about though, but yes, I do get some when they have them. HH, Maverick.

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started doing this a couple of weeks ago. So far... nothing. Maybe someday I'll get lucky. I just ask at banks that have them behind their counters.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I asked my banks, cuz they just trash-can them. So far nothing. I think they just don't want to be bothered.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a secret to confess. I check the trash can by the counter and I take coins right out of the trash. I have even thrown a dollar bill in there by "accident" to pick up coins from the trash can. As far as I am concerned, if it is in the trash it isn't bank assets. HH

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a secret to confess. I check the trash can by the counter and I take coins right out of the trash. I have even thrown a dollar bill in there by "accident" to pick up coins from the trash can. As far as I am concerned, if it is in the trash it isn't bank assets. HH

Lol ive dumpster dived several times in the small can by the coin machine- several beat up quarters a couple canadian dimes and pennies a car wash token and a pony express token

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Living in michigan gives me greater access to canadian coins but whenever I have tried to call the banks/credit unions and even coinstar to get a handle on their rejected coins I get a variety of stories of why I can't. To me I keep my hunts to the coinstars and sometimes the garbages right next to them. If no one is looking, go through it. a lot of people just either chuck their coins into the garbage or throw it back into their pockets.

sincerely, GarouLady

sjlund

Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best behind-the-teller-line reject. I picked it up with a mass of other foreign junk.

IMG_3440.jpg
62.5% silver, .225 ASW.

Last edited:
OP
OP
theekman

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason i though of it was because i was at a puck up bank and a fella was talking to a teller and she had her hand out and he was going though the coins he was putting some clad or copper nickel in her other hand and i could head he was plucking out silver ones n putting them in his other hand.

Im not sure if they where foreign coins or not, but he also pulled out which looked to be a silver half to show her. Either way it got me to thinking may as well ask, worst case scenario you get a bunch of useless foreign coins, or they just say no.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread