Anyone been to yankee jims this summer???

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
I haven't been in a while, but am looking forward as sniping is in order for this as water levels are low and warm. Perfect for this kind of mining. Get Jim Harlocks book "sniping for gold". He shows areas on the N. fork where and how to snipe and what equipment to bring. With no dredging the last couple years there may be some areas that have been replenished. Downstream from the Yankee Jim's bridge on the first bend is an area where a dredger was taking 3/4 oz. a day. Try there.

OP
OP
mjarvis

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't been in a while, but am looking forward as sniping is in order for this as water levels are low and warm. Perfect for this kind of mining. Get Jim Harlocks book "sniping for gold". He shows areas on the N. fork where and how to snipe and what equipment to bring. With no dredging the last couple years there may be some areas that have been replenished. Downstream from the Yankee Jim's bridge on the first bend is an area where a dredger was taking 3/4 oz. a day. Try there.

That's great feed back Armchair!!! Appreciate the info. I just bought a Gold-an-Sand sucker it did ok yesterday out at Bear river couldn't tell the difference. Needs a collar so the hose stops from coming off.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's great feed back Armchair!!! Appreciate the info. I just bought a Gold-an-Sand sucker it did ok yesterday out at Bear river couldn't tell the difference. Needs a collar so the hose stops from coming off.

Just use a zip tie, that works great :)

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I frequent the area often and would say you would be better off spending more time on the NF American then the Bear River!! Yankee Jims has yet to do me wrong.

OP
OP
mjarvis

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I frequent the area often and would say you would be better off spending more time on the NF American then the Bear River!! Yankee Jims has yet to do me wrong.

I like the sound of that! Looking for another new adventure and that sounds like a great area!! Let me know when you head out there maybe we could hook up. Thanks matt

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like the sound of that! Looking for another new adventure and that sounds like a great area!! Let me know when you head out there maybe we could hook up. Thanks matt

I am in the area more then I care to admit..Truthfully all one needs to do to find me is follow the sharp broken rock...My work is not hard to miss.. May I suggest you bring a 4Lbs hammer a couple chisel's maybe a screwdriver handbroom
at least 3 spoons as you will lose them..Maybe a small crowbar..But just find cracks and destroy them.Always on the move..Let me suggest downriver of the bridge Forest hill side of the river..Stay just above the water line but make sure your cracks are dry. easier to recover the gold anyway I think you may be suprised..This spot paid well and you have to walk right over it!!Took maybe 10 minutes to break and pan!

Happy Hunting

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check above the water levels in bedrock cracks as many are over looked.

I extend My search pretty high up from the water line sometimes and I don't think I overlook much..

Though I do often leave spots because the gold content doesn't meet my needs.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I extend My search pretty high up from the water line sometimes and I don't think I overlook much..

Though I do often leave spots because the gold content doesn't meet my needs.

I love your videos Mad Marshall! Keep at it!
Is this Yankee Jims or some other secret spot?

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive beeen to neither. My gold prospecting "career" consists of 5 trips to the bear river park and campground..lol. Your post and videos are awesome! Very inspiring!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions