Anyone else prefer VCO over fixed tone on the Tejon?

StogieJim

Feb 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Exp 2, Tejon, & Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I'm new and love this forum. Worked with a Compadre since last spring and have learned a lot. Bought a Tejon ~2mo ago and love it! The ground balance is simple (Tesoro has a video demonstrating how to GB) and 2 disc settings is very handy.

I've come to prefer the VCO (voltage controlled oscillator) when hunting in All Tone (true All Metal) and for pinpointing. Do any other Tesoro MDs have this feature? (Note: the VCO mode lets the pitch rise and fall as the coil gets closer and further from the target. Alternatively, the Fixed tone mode changes volume with distance while keeping the same pitch)

Here's the question: What are your opinions regarding these two sound options?

Thanks,

Jim

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
I like the VCO on my DFX but I don't miss it on the Tejon and Silver Umax because they pinpoint so well in disc mode. The Tesoro models seem to pinpoint perfectly without using the dedicated pinpoint trigger - I actually don't even use pinpoint on the Tejon at all. As for the DFX, I absolutely prefer to use VCO because I definitely have to pinpoint with that one. Plus it's really cool sounding!!

Ian

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree, the Tejon is one sweet machine. It just blows me away that there actually are people who don't like it! Go figure?

I set the pitch at about 2 o'clock and usually just leave it there.

But, like Ian wrote, the detector pinpoints so well anyway so it's mostly just for a more enjoyable sound.

All Tesoros are great.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions