Anyone ever do Garrett Mountain ???

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope...never detected or heard of it before. If you give it a go let us know how you make out.

Good luck

NJ

quaidmon

Apr 8, 2007
New Jersey
Have not hunted it yet but drove through it last week and the ground is still frozen solid. I'll try again in a few days.

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
As stated I'm just curious, I work close by there and stopped in a few times this year. I found a couple wheats and a cool half pint milk bottle. To say the least, it's a very challenging place (lots "o" trash) and it's also one big rock. Garrett Mountain I think is in Passaic NJ. A lot of deer(ticks) there too. Thanks for your replies.

Tomm

Attachments

• gmountain.JPG
    gmountain.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 496
  • halfpint bottle.JPG
    halfpint bottle.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 458
OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Thanks, it's always nice to eyeball a bottle, old marble or something when you can't get your coil over the good stuff.

Tom

quaidmon

Apr 8, 2007
New Jersey
What's the thing with the writing on it below the buckle? I think I'll drive up tomorrow and see where the people are and then hit those spots on monday.

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Wasn't sure but it's a jewish toy they spin like a top called a dreidel. Good luck if you go there !

The dreidel is a four-sided spinning top, also called a "s'vivon," in Hebrew. It is traditionally used to play a lively Chanukah game. The dreidel has on it's four sides, letters that tell the Chanukah message: a great miracle happened there - as if to say, "Play children, enjoy your beautiful gifts and your even more beautiful holiday. But remember, it was given us as a miracle by Hashem, our Creator and we will show our gratitude with renewed dedication to Him.

Tom

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been up there a number of times. Never found much, lots of trash but did manage to find a V nickel near the castle and a couple of silver coins.The ground really does a job on nickels and pennies.

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Thanks for your comments, It's a nice environment to hunt, but I'm not really having the luck (finds) I expected, the wheats I did find were toasted as you mention. I used my 4"x6" shooter coil last time but only found modern clad. I'll give it another try or two and hopefully find something ?

Tom

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Good Luck if you go, I'm trying for Friday afternoon.

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Cool, congrats. I haven't been there lately, it was convenient with the short days, I work in Clifton and live a hour away, maybe I'll hit it again in the fall, you really got to work for your finds there, unless your looking for pull tabs or bottle tops. But there's a lot of history there, so you never know what you'll find. Here's a soda bottle from the 50/60s , I found on my last trip awhile ago.

Thanks for your reply,
TommNJ

Attachments

• mission of cal bottle.JPG
    mission of cal bottle.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 357
  • mission bottle back.JPG
    mission bottle back.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 306

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im going to be detecting there tomorrow. ill let you know how i do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread