Anyone ever hear of the "Shipwrecked Treasure Museum"...in Branson, Missouri???

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Anyone ever hear of the "Shipwrecked Treasure Museum"...in Branson, Missouri???

Was visiting family for Thanksgiving and saw a commercial for the Shipwrecked Treasure Museum in Branson, MO. I thought it was pretty strange that there would be a museum of that kind in Missouri, but since it's in Branson, maybe not. Does anyone know anything about it, like if it is worth a visit? Click the name of the museum above it you want to read about it. They say it's right across from Paula Deen's, so anyone visiting can at least get a good, high calorie meal out of the trip.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I have not been to the museum, in fact I have not been to Branson since the late 70's. I am sure its changed a lot, I recall shooting black powder rifles across the gullys at Silver Dollar City then.

But I had read much about the paddle wheel found and excavated from the farm field in Missouri which sank in the mid 1800's. I did not see that in the list of exhibits which I would find much more interesting than those listed, but still find those interesting.

Here is the link to it, Arabia Steamboat. in Kansas City where my step daughter lives we did visit it.

OP
OP
MiddenMonster

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Looks fascinating to me!

I can't say that I would take a trip to Branson just to visit the museum. But I would definitely visit it if I was there with family.

I have not been to the museum, in fact I have not been to Branson since the late 70's. I am sure its changed a lot, I recall shooting black powder rifles across the gullys at Silver Dollar City then.

But I had read much about the paddle wheel found and excavated from the farm field in Missouri which sank in the mid 1800's. I did not see that in the list of exhibits which I would find much more interesting than those listed, but still find those interesting.

Back then, Silver Dollar City was Branson. It's come a long way since then. Regarding the paddle boat, I used to live about 7 miles from where they found it. As a kid we used to drive by that area of the river all the time. It's a good example of how much a river can change its course, even in less than 100 years. There used to be a lot of boats beached/abandoned/wrecked along that part of the river between Missouri and Kansas. My brother and his friends used to set off large fireworks in that area at night, and once snagged a large horn off an abandoned boat when they were teenagers. They hooked it up to an air compressor and woke up the neighborhood in the late hours of many a night after several rounds of beer.

randywa

Sep 29, 2017
S.W. Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since it's at Branson Landing the traffic wouldn't be the nightmare that it is on the boulevard. A few years ago I was delivering groceries to restaurants. we always had to schedule a full day for 3 places in Branson. Sometimes it would take almost an hour to go 3 1/2 blocks on the strip. With Joe's Crab Shack right by the museum I think I'll make a little trip down there.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would need to mop up my drool at that museum I would love to go there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread