Anyone ever join a bank just to get Boxes and Rolls?

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea, just get a "free checking account". :thumbsup:

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't yet, but I'm about to do just that today.... I have a box supposedly coming in this afternoon, and about 3/4s of a box I need to dump..... What better way to open an account than with rolls of coinage? Ha!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
I've done it... and I'm pretty DARN sure most people here have as well.

Most banks have that free checking account or some other low end account. I like the student accounts personally =).

Most banks will have ones where you just need to throw in something like $25 and you are good to go... no fees... no activity needed. Though there are some with higher deposits needed, and ALWAYS ask about fees, and how often you need to use the account, etc.

~Dave

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have accounts with 6 different banks, all for CRHing

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep you bet! I have several savings accounts with minimum balances at 4 or 5 different banks. I even go as far as to dump my searched coin at the branches where the tellers are snotty. The tellers at the branch I order halves from know that I dump down the street at the other branch where the tellers are snotty old bags. They think its funny. I also opened up an account with BOA just so I would always have a dump bank on my road trips.

OP
OP
Reverend B*IKE*

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SnakemanBill said:
I also opened up an account with BOA just so I would always have a dump bank on my road trips.

OH NO that means I am sifting thru your returned coins no wonder I am having no luck! :tongue3:

S

seger98

biketrax said:
SnakemanBill said:
I also opened up an account with BOA just so I would always have a dump bank on my road trips.

OH NO that means I am sifting thru your returned coins no wonder I am having no luck! :tongue3:

Hey that's a good idea, never thought of having an account with a national bank so I could dump on the road!

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Try opening accounts in your kids names. I drag the little crumb snatchers with me, The tellers seem to be a lot more friendly"

DAMN! I need to borrow somebodies kid!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Does a Bear s$%^ in the woods? I have 6 accounts at as many banks. I plan on opening a few more too.

-Golden Silver

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see where Snakeman says he has an account with BOA in order to dump. The BOA branches I've been to in my area dont have coin machines....Maybe the bigger cities have them? If not how do you dump there? Rolled?

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Most of the guys around here dumped rolled at BOA but not I cuz I am at a Credit Union with a coin machine.

-Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread