Anyone ever map-dowsed specifically for Double Eagles

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
Mermet brass pendulum; Aqua Locator (antique), Luddite Skeptic detector
Hi all,

Hi Art and Jon, hope you're both doing very well. Been off the forums for a while because my hard drive failed, so I lost a lot of material, maps etc. Thankfully, many saved through gmail so I appreciate your mapdowsing and, when I do find treasure in the field ye will be the first to know.

I'd love to throw up some of those maps for general discussion at some stage too?

Anyway, this post is about Double Eagles. I'm just wondering with the high prce they fetch, has anyone ever specifically map-dowsed statewide / nationwide etc in the hunt for a specific coin or item? e.g. a double eagle, a sovereign etc etc.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Ruairi…Good to see that you are back…I have never done that..Usually I dowse for Treasure..If I am getting gold signals most of the time I do not ask questions about the type of gold I am looking for until the last part of my session..The State of Nevada has an area of 110,561 sq miles…On maps that size I have to many hits to follow and it is easy to get confused..Some of the hits disappear when using these map…Art

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi An Ri Rua,
Good to see you. I dowse for gold and then separate out what type it is once all is revealed.
If I were looking for a specific coin I would memorize all the details of the coin and retain that image during the dowse.
Jon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread