Anyone ever purchase artifacts from...

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
I’ve bought stuff from him over the years, and can’t recall anything other than good experiences.

There are lots of fake relics out there, you should go to an auction some time or an Ohio Archaeological Society show to see some of the educational displays.

OP
OP
N

Nwohseeker

May 13, 2015
Nw ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the reply Joshua, if he gets your approval that's good enough for me.

I have been to the famous/infamous red barn auction before as it's about 20 mins from me. I have been to a couple ASO shows as well. Just never purchased any artifacts before.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've run into a number of flea markets where a booth would have a bunch of points. One such booth put a hard sell on me, and those points were so sweet and pristine.

I walked away very quickly as I suspected foul! My hunting buddy warned me away from things like that, otherwise I'd have been fleeced!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott is a stand up guy and has good legit artifacts. I have bought a few pieces from him and have no question of authenticity.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, watch the Red Barn. They are famous for passing off modern pieces as good. Not sure how it is now but years ago I saw a lot of stuff come through there that was bogus.

OP
OP
N

Nwohseeker

May 13, 2015
Nw ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the reply grim, a thumbs up from you and Joshua is enough for me to go ahead with my purchases.

That's why I put "infamous" when mentioning the red barn. I go there to look and talk with people to gain knowledge. An old friend of mines dad is a pretty known collector so I talk to him more than anything.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott a rep guy I dont buy relics but hes a good seller

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another good guy is Jon Dickinson with Prehistoric Artifacts ofvthe Midwest. He lists new items about every 2-3 months. Top notch seller.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread