Anyone ever roll hunted in Hawaii?

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious if anyone ever tried on vacation in Hawaii (or the off chance a member here lives in Hawaii).

I'll be in Maui in September for a week and was just wondering if anyone has ever tried.....doesn't seem like they would get a whole lot of "circulation" there....probably been picked over already.

anyways i'll still give it a little try, was just curious.

HH
Bigheed

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good thought, though I am sure like you said, it has already been picked through already. Plus, Hawaii is a place where people do not primarily go for "business" and I would assume that there is minimal circulation there making it not a prime CRH spot. Hope you make out well there! :thumbsup:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
You should bring your half dollar dumps over there. I'm sure they won't be leaving the island much. LOL

byrne3

Mar 4, 2011
I used to live in Hawaii. I worked on an organic farm on the Big Island for 3 months. You could call it either an extended vacation or a short residence.

There are no national bank chains in Hawaii. So whatever bank that you use on the mainland is not going to be in Hawaii.. A week is a very limited amount of time. Even if you can find a bank that would order for you (without having an account) it still may not be enough time to do much of anything.

Same goes wtih dumping. I wouldn't want to carry a bunch of half dollar dumps on the plane with me, I would rather enjoy my time there, but that's just me. Goodluck on your hunt..

OP
OP
B

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heh...not planning on anything major, i do enough volume back in Los Angeles.

just a few stops to see what kind of inventory they have while driving around if i see a bank here and there..."vacation road trip"

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
byrne3 said:
I wouldn't want to carry a bunch of half dollar dumps on the plane with me, I would rather enjoy my time there, but that's just me. Goodluck on your hunt..
exactally what I was thinking but couldn't word it correctly :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nod....never implied i was going to bring dumps there, that was SFbays comment :-)

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Bigheed said:
Nod....never implied i was going to bring dumps there, that was SFbays comment :-)

I was making a joke.. I can't imagine bringing a box of halves on the plane with me.

OP
OP
B

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't either....but nontheless just clarifying :-)

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
Bigheed said:

I was making a joke.. I can't imagine bringing a box of halves on the plane with me.
My mom spent 2 weeks there in April, brought me back a (I think) 1928 Red seal $5 note she got in change for me to give to my son. I would take $20 or $30 in halves to dump just for chits and giggles.

coin flipper

Mar 25, 2011
East Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
looking to buy one
I just was out there for work and managed to dump about $250 in halves. Picked up some pennies when I was out there. Nothing fantastic. I did learn this, you will hear everyone want to keep the halves or have never seen them before. It was a joy to spend them on the island. Enjoy your future trip. :icon_thumright:

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
I just came back from a 10 day vacation in Oahu. I stopped by the Bank of Hawaii and picked up $9 in loose halves. I found 2 silvers (1967, 1968). I asked around at about 7 other banks, and none of them carried any half dollars.

coinfinder

Aug 15, 2008
I used to travel to Hawaii monthly. I found quite a few silver halves during my trips, the oldest being a 1952
Ben. However, I never tried to dump halves there.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would CRH in Hawaii? ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread