Anyone ever seen this type or style marker?

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this marker for something in the woods on the west side of a hill. No know treasure leads in the area, but within 200 yards of a Hwy, and an old town. Possible very old whiskey still site 50 yards or so to the east, and no large trees near by. Any help would be appreciate.
abese3aq.jpg
be6u3epa.jpg

Also, it does not point to magnetic north

Proud to be a Texan!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Looks like a Chinese character. I looked in the Chinese dictionary I bought in one of my wilder moods. It is not easy to use. I tried looking for common words in English and looking at the symbol for it. Looking for the chinese symbol is hopeless.
OK, It looks like the Chinese character for mine. But they don't distinguish between coal and gold, (same symbol) Good luck, Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
not sure about chinese symbol for mine
Chinese Symbols for mine, mine

Yep, that shows the noun form of mine, but what that marker looks like is the symbol of a dig out mine.
The dictionary shows various forms of the symbol. I am just going by the book. Perhaps someone on line knows the language. Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
MLively

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of any Chinese people in this particular area, I will double check some old maps to see if it locates a mine anywhere near it.

Proud to be a Texan!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your key is the possible still site. Could be a marker for someone to pick up a load of shine back in the brush. Grab your detector & a bottle probe. You might've stumbled on a nice cache of aged shine!

OP
OP
MLively

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan on going back. This marker was found 2 years ago, and a house is being built within 150 yards of it. But I know whose it is so it's no problem. I used my ace 250 last time but I wasn't 100% on it. Now I have an AT Pro but I need to learn it before I go back out there. Nice aged shine mite be good and tasty!!!

Proud to be a Texan!

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
You might want to put this in the Treasure Signs forum for the sleuths to look at. They're all over that stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread