Anyone ever tried one of these?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• digger.gif
    digger.gif
    69.7 KB · Views: 873
  • digger.gif
    digger.gif
    69.7 KB · Views: 929
Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Oh man! I think I need one of those! ;D Have not tried one although we did have a bobcat hoe when I was still living at home on the farm. Digs some mighty big holes! ;D

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the Chinese bought a set of plans from Popular Science! They've been selling plans for a do it yourself back hoe like this for years. I'd buy myself an Orange safety vest & a hardhat, get a couple of buddies to lean on their shovels. If anyone wanted me to quit digging, I'd just tell em we're looking for the old county sewer ::)

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boogeyman said:
Looks like the Chinese bought a set of plans from Popular Science! They've been selling plans for a do it yourself back hoe like this for years. I'd buy myself an Orange safety vest & a hardhat, get a couple of buddies to lean on their shovels. If anyone wanted me to quit digging, I'd just tell em we're looking for the old county sewer ::)

Good thinking, I already have the vest and hard hat and friends who lean on shovels. ;D
I even keep a roll of yellow caution tape in the truck. Got the little flags on a wire too.
(They sell all that stuff at harbor freight)

Goodyguy~

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I will say that i buy from Harbor freight and never had any bad buys yet . I like the tools i get from them . I was looking at that also it is a neat tool and cost less than a lot of detectors. Could be a good investment... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I like it.......

Dcoop

Jan 12, 2009
New Castle,DE
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
I've use something similiar,when i was doing Construction,these were good for tight spots when we had to Dig footers and such.I would say the one you show is probably a little weak for Boulders and stuff being its light but should be workable!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Dcoop said:
I've use something similiar,when i was doing Construction,these were good for tight spots when we had to Dig footers and such.I would say the one you show is probably a little weak for Boulders and stuff being its light but should be workable!
Yes if i had one i would not be looking for boulders i would be looking for treasure....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
davew0710 said:
Dynamite would be faster :icon_jokercolor:
But if you use dynamite this small back hoe would come in handy ...Unless you like diggin with a shovel and if you use dynamite that would be a lot of diggin............

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all very well to use a cool tool like that :thumbsup:

Just remember to fill in the holes ;D

Mike

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man that is for some serious digging....Matt

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, didn't realize the picture was that big.

She ain't purdy to look at - but, boy, can she dig!!!!!!!!!

Mechanically, she starts up on a dime and gives you 5 cents change. I do want to re-do the outside, though.

B

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
My Bounty Hunter QD II goes pretty deep so I use this. ;D

Attachments

• Bagger 288.jpg
    Bagger 288.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 618

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread