Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
conleytheking said:
Bill hunting? I know this is the CRH'ing thread...same thing. Haha.
Anyway, one of my banks in my home town mentioned that they have some one who orders a bunch of $2 dollar bills, looks through them, and returns them.
There is some value on the red seal $2 bills.
And much like halves, they were never really an everyday transaction bill...so...any thoughts?

I have done it on occasion looking for low run star notes, unique serial numbers, low serial numbers, and any old currency in decent shape. I sell all the currency I find on eBay to make some extra $$$ and support my CRH habit!

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Coin Town said:
I have done it on occasion looking for low run star notes, unique serial numbers, low serial numbers, and any old currency in decent shape. I sell all the currency I find on eBay to make some extra $$$ and support my CRH habit!

Sweet, any luck?
I have some one who pays atleast double for red seal $2 bills. I thought of doing it

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
conleytheking said:
Sweet, any luck?
I have some one who pays atleast double for red seal $2 bills. I thought of doing it

Yeah quite a bit actually. Anytime I can sell a $1 star note for $2.50-$5.00 depending on how low the run I do it. People pay decent money for unique serial numbers too. Type in $1 star note on eBay an you will see a lot for sale!

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I've gotten a few odd currency items, but haven't ever found a buyer. I have a $20 FRN with a serial number in the 30s, taken it to 3 or 4 coin shops and none of them wanted to buy it. Its circulated, but not in too bad of shape, series 2006 I believe.

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
My husband used to do more currency before he started CRH'ing. The thing with that is....silver is worth silver value. Currency is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. I'd rather do coins anyday

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to sort through bills a lot, but looking at all those serial numbers and dates is time consuming. For you see, it could be any number of things, such as a latter (12345678 or variant), radar (12344321), binary (01001000), date (12121921 for birthdays), or old bills. You can get mentally exhausted looking for these things. Best bet is to tell the tellers to keep anything interesting for you. I've attached a few paper bill scores from tellers

HH
-GC
IMG_2731.jpg IMG_4834.JPG

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all the feed back!
I think I'd just look for red seals, star notes, and silver certs.
I could basically just flip through the stacks and see.
One time I had something like $120 worth of red seal $2 and I sold nearly all of them for 2.75 each to a coin shop, like a fool. Lol

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look at all my currency before I spend it. Have not found anything yet, but I know I have not sent anything of value back to the wild.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I only do it when I get change or when I cash my coin out. I haven't found anything really old (a 1963A AND 1963B $1, 1977 $10, 1981 $5, and a few star notes). I don't go to the bank and ask for specific stuff unless I feel like looking through a lot of bills, and I usually only ask for $2s. I usually see a good variety of stuff, though. I am a member of that 'Where's George' site and I enter anything I get on there; that's what got me interested in bills, but I don't do a whole lot of it other than that.

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Diver_Down said:
FRN have nothing to do with the sub-forum Coin Roll Hunting. I would encourage you to explore the other forums on TNet. Paper Currencies would be the most appropriate forum.

Cool story

Aaronscicli

Greenie
Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow i never though of doing this, but i can try :p how do you do it, just ask for $500 in 1 dollar bills ? haha i think that would raise suspicion

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow i never though of doing this, but i can try :p how do you do it, just ask for $500 in 1 dollar bills ? haha i think that would raise suspicion

Aaronscicli...I think you should at least give me credit on your blog for that quarter considering you are using the pictures I took this morning :icon_thumright:

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to sort through bills a lot, but looking at all those serial numbers and dates is time consuming. For you see, it could be any number of things, such as a latter (12345678 or variant), radar (12344321), binary (01001000), date (12121921 for birthdays), or old bills. You can get mentally exhausted looking for these things. Best bet is to tell the tellers to keep anything interesting for you. I've attached a few paper bill scores from tellers

HH
-GC
View attachment 658798 View attachment 658802

That's a nice $50, is it 1934?

Aaronscicli

Greenie
Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
haha i do give you credit for it ! if you want i can post it on the blog? but i really did find one yesterday !! just dont have a camera :p

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bills in the first picture are 7 1953 and the rest 1963 with some sequential notes
The second one has 1953 A $5 Silver cert, 1935 F $1 Silver cert, 1950 B $10, 1969 A $10, and 1934 $50
Just the other day a teller was holding up a read seal $2 and asking another if it was real. They took a marker to it, then sold it to me for $2.

HH
-GC

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill hunting? I know this is the CRH'ing thread...same thing. Haha.
Anyway, one of my banks in my home town mentioned that they have some one who orders a bunch of $2 dollar bills, looks through them, and returns them.
There is some value on the red seal $2 bills.
And much like halves, they were never really an everyday transaction bill...so...any thoughts?

Please try to keep the threads in the proper forum, CRH is for coin roll hunting only... Thread moved to Paper Currencies...

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I've counted like 10 recent threads that had nothing to do with CRH. This is at least the same idea. But alright....what ever makes you happy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread