Anyone ever water hunt in Kauai, Hawaii?

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

Attachments

• crowd1.jpg
    crowd1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in hawaii for 12 years.oahu.1 year at waikiki on the beach.when i first got there i bought a whites hand held UW MD.i met a local old man that made his living finding rings an coins.he told me his secret.he would sit on the beach (in front of large hotels)and watch tourist women grease them selves up with suntan oil.they would go into the water and thier fingers would shrink.rings would just fall off thier fingers.he would remember where the rings fell off and at the end of the day after everyone was gone he would grab his mask and search the water.every now an then he said he would find a ring worth over 10k.he said he would get large amounts for reward money from the owner of the ring.i guess he had a deal worked out with one of the desk clerks(lost an found dept) in some of the hotels.the old man lived at the hotel.even had a beach front view.plus he drove a brand new rolls royce.so i can say i learned to MD on the beach and water from one of the best.i didnt find many rings but i sure did find alot of coins an even paper money on the beach and in the water floating around.

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
That pic wouldn't happen to be Pusan, Korea would it? I was over there 91-93 at Camp Greaves (dmz). I took a weekend trip to Pusan though and as that is the only "waterfront property" I got to see while there, I was just wondering. Never been to Hawaii though.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I spoke to a paramedic who used a mask and snorkle along the beaches where the Japanese men body surfed. The tourist kept wads of money in their swim trunks which would wash out of their swim trunks. The money would roll up into a little green tubes. He said he often filled a net bag with them. On a bad day, he'd find $500 and on a good day, $2500. I laughed and said, "and you work a day job?" It's not really necessary to have a metal detector to find treasure with, just a good set of eyeballs. ;D

rick.ther

Aug 7, 2005
no. cal
Detector(s) used
whites, fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I worked as a dive instructor in maui for a year, right on the beach at the sheraton, black rock.
watching all the tourist, I went out at night on "my beach" and in the water with my whites pi, made a great side income.
I also let the hotel know that I was out at the shack in case lost items were reported.
Funny story. on the beach one day there was a wedding, in the middle of the cerimony,ring dropped in the sand. someone from the party came over and asked If i could find it, long story short in the middle of the wedding found ring and went home 500$ richer.
Good luck and good hunting!

PENNYHUNTER

Aug 19, 2007
Orangvalle
Detector(s) used
explorer se,excal 1000,whites MXT,and a E-trac
we would like to see what you find and good luck hope you find some nice rings for all of us that are on our computers and not there.

OP
OP
finderzzs

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
rick.ther said:
I worked as a dive instructor in maui for a year, right on the beach at the sheraton, black rock.
watching all the tourist, I went out at night on "my beach" and in the water with my whites pi, made a great side income.
I also let the hotel know that I was out at the shack in case lost items were reported.
Funny story. on the beach one day there was a wedding, in the middle of the cerimony,ring dropped in the sand. someone from the party came over and asked If i could find it, long story short in the middle of the wedding found ring and went home 500$ richer.
Good luck and good hunting!
That is Funny! Looks like you really saved the day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread