Anyone finding any beach jewelry with the F75?

OP
OP
Massbaycolonist

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
Massbaycolonist said:
The F75 sounds like a fine machine, and with the stock DD coil, it should work well at the beach. Is anyone finding any rings or other jewelry at the beach with the F75? HH :icon_sunny:
Is anybody looking for jewelry at the beach with the F75? HH

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry. Love to help you but the last time I had a detector at the shore all the radios along the beach were playing Paul McCartney's just released Wings single "Hands Across the Waters" from the Band on the Run LP

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
I ran into a guy using 1 few weeks back.He didn't like it for beach hunting,he said it was very noisy getting near the wet sand.Said he had been trying it for 4 weeks or so an was going to sell it an get another soveriegn for beach hunting...In the dry sand it did great. Single frequency machines just don't seem to do well at the beach, even the 1's with a beach setting, you lose depth turning it down trying to make it stable.

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CIMG0596.jpg

CIMG0597.jpg

MVC-007F.jpg

MVC-008F.jpg

Works just fine

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EZrider said:
Works just fine

EZRider, I laugh when I think about all the posts, articles and blogs on the Internet that put down the F-75. I read an article in a magazine talking about how the guy brought it to a park that was hunted by himself for years and all his buddies. He started finding old coins right away. That is what kept me going over the other noise.

I went down to KellyCo and actually took the unit in the parking lot and played with it. Then I took a DFX, my second choice. I was getting targets at over 12" with the F-75, 5 or 6 with the DFX. It wasn't even a contest.

I have not tried mine at the beach yet. What I want to do next time I go, is to comb a part of the beach with my PI, dragging my scoop to keep track of where I have been, as usual. Then I will take the F-75 and go over some of the same area and see what happens.

Jack

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JackInFlorida said:
EZrider said:
Works just fine
I have not tried mine at the beach yet. What I want to do next time I go, is to comb a part of the beach with my PI, dragging my scoop to keep track of where I have been, as usual. Then I will take the F-75 and go over some of the same area and see what happens.

That is a great idea, please keep us updated.

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
I used the F75 at a San Diego beach with success. Heavy iron-rich sand. You will want to do a few things.

1. Manually ground balance (I got a value of five)
2. Run in all metal metal mode
3. Drop the sensitivity down until you get a steady threshold. I usually operate with sensitivity at 70 on land and dropped it to 50 at this beach. It worked well, with minimal falsing at the end of each sweep.
4. Found a silver ring at 4 to 5 inches. Signal came through loud and clear, as did deeper targets, such as iron and clad.

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a chance to use the F-75 on the beach today in between thunderstorms.

There were no small animals injured or killed during this event.

I went to a beach that I haven't been to in a while. I like it because it has lots of regular old beach sand, like Flagler Beach still does. I think this is the best sand for finding lost items. I combed the beach for about 90 minutes with the PI Pro. There was way more beer bottle caps than usual. This beach usually has a few buried beer cans, but today was pretty much a record haul of junk.

finds.jpg

As you can see, no shortage of targets. When there aren't any people at the beach, or not many, I usually take a straight line comb from dune to surf, dragging my scoop to mark the outside of where I've been. Every time I turn around, I switch the machine and scoop to opposite sides, so I am always marking the outside.

beach.jpg

After a while, and one or two sprinklings of rain, I took out the F-75. There was a hole I had left open, because the PI still kept getting a target reading, even though I was already down 14 or 15 inches in the sand. The F-75 also got a beat on it and pinpointed it directly in the center of the hole. I kept digging and found a beer can bottom at about 18".

I followed several of the columns with the F-75. First thing I notice is that I can cover about 3 or 4 times the ground with the F-75. Using the PI Pro is so much slower. Following the pattern, I only found one piece of aluminum and a piece of foil that I had missed with the PI. I then ran perpendicular to the original tracks and found only one more piece of foil, no great targets that I had missed and no more beer bottle caps.

I then wandered around to another area with the F-75 and found a rechargeable battery that rang in as iron (7). I marked the additional items found with the F-75 in this pic.

finds2.jpg

As soon as I hit the sand that was wet from the waves, the F-75 got a false iron signal every few inches (1 thru 8). I didn't mess with the settings because I really am not interested in using the F-75 in the surf.

What did I learn from this?

1. This beach sucks for metal detecting.
2. It rains alot in Florida
3. The PI Pro seems to pic up all the targets
4. The F-75 can comb the dry sand 3 or 4 times faster than the PI

If I have both machines, I would definetly use the PI Pro in the surf, then use the F-75 if I was going to cover any dry sand areas.

Jack

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Ace 250, Titan 2000 Xd
jack the F75 will hunt the Beaches..I just got back from a trip and I used both coils in the water and in the wet sand
with no problems..see my post on salt ocean..I didn't find any jewlry but found several coins under the wake of the salt water..the F75
is fast and light and to me is a good all around do anything machine...

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Liquid1,

I think you can setup the F75 to hunt anywere. I have been using a waterproof MD at the beach for so long, I'm afraid that I would accidentally put the F75 down in the water. I feel more comfortable with the PI Pro when the unit is going to touch water.

Jack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread