Anyone finding much silver lately

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once we remove the silver it’s not being replaced obviously, so what next, garbage collecting. I mean other than detectors getting deeper the hobby will lose interest my opinion it’s not getting replenished. So what’s going to happen. Modern coins are not going to start new hobby they are worthless, heck silver coins nope, copper barely. Well what’s next, thanks

Saker

Jan 12, 2021
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CTX3030, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there is plenty of silver coins left. Maybe not in the obvious spots like some of the parks or known cellar holes that have been hunted since the 70's. The folks that beach/water hunt for jewelry get their targets renewed every year!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry wrong pix.

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    621.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been getting small amounts lately while panning. 001.JPG

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There’s more than just silver in the ground. Gotta get crafty to keep making interesting finds, but there’s plenty yet to be found for sure.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You live in PA, so there must be a ton of colonial coins and relics still in the ground. I'll take them over a Merc or a silver ring any day. Gotta think outside the box. Head to the woods and detect off of walking trails and other public areas.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes sir, western Pennsylvania, bordering Ohio. No civil war on this side of state, so just to let you no we do more than most to research local history, bike riding, hiking, kayaking etc. as far as coins we found everything but true gold coin. U c I hate winter but it brings a different opportunity of finding things, example when the lake and rivers go low, go after it, you will find some of the oldest coins and relics ever. I could go on, experts we are not but I can assure you we study 1860 maps, go off grid and try our asses off. We care a lot about local history which is being forgotten about do to education and other things. Yes 1800 large cents, other coins of all natures we’ve found here, garbage to sir. We are like in small way Lewis and Clark, this was Indian territory back when then early settlers. So you understand most open areas have been searched good, easily access, but we go off the grid to. We love to keep past history alive and promote and preserve, present our find and even return if possible, thankyou for responding

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the silver were to ever run out, or hobbyists just felt like they weren't finding enough, then I think coin shooters would turn into relic hunters or beach combers. For some of us, it's not all about the silver, although it's nice to find. I always considered myself a coin shooter for the first 20 years in this hobby. For the last 10 years, I have amassed quite a collection of some very nice relics. I just can't see a serious hobbyist packing away their detectors because of a lack of silver. Think outside the box, and start looking for relics, jewelry, etc.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant nobody replenishing, so relics etc yes but even those won’t be either, modern detector isn’t going to go much deeper, why, they don’t want 2 foot holes. So it’s safe to say regardless of what’s been taken out of ground isn’t getting replaced just a fact, unless someone in the night filling back up, so I see a problem years from now

shovelready

Apr 21, 2015
s.w.washington
Detector(s) used
tesoro outlaw vaquero, anfibio multi, Makro pulse dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not been finding any silver either, which means I just need to keep looking....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions