ANYONE FROM ATHENS COUNTY??

cal-hunter

Greenie
Aug 21, 2007
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
DFX, Surf PI Pro
Lee, I come back to Ohio every year, end of June - 1st week of July. I visit family in Athens, Dayton etc. My mom grew up in Albany. I'm trying to decide whether to bring my land or water machine this year. I've been thinking of hitting some lake beaches and shallows. Lake Snoden? What type of hunting do you do? Coin and jewelry? Relic? beach and shallow water? Do they let you hunt at OU? Got a line on any old abandoned houses, farms etc? I hunted San Toy for a few hours years ago. Lots of good spots if you can gain access or have connections. Would love to hunt with you if the opportunity arises.
Mark

pastfinder2

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2004
Athens, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX,Tesoro Stingray II
I am located here in Athens County. I own a dfx and have been hunting for the 5 years that I have been here. I came here from N.E. Ohio in late '02 I do some water hunting in Lake Hope,Burr Oak,Lake Logan,Lake Snowden etc. Also hunt the fairgrounds. Hunting OU requires a written letter of permission filed with the OU police department which I have. They are VERY PARTICULAR about it. I had a hard time of it and I am only permitted to hunt during the times when the students are away on breaks. So contact me at my yahoo address with the following in the subject line "ATHENS CO. HUNTING PARTNER" so that I will know it came from you

CAL-HUNTER said:
Lee, I come back to Ohio every year, end of June - 1st week of July. I visit family in Athens, Dayton etc. My mom grew up in Albany. I'm trying to decide whether to bring my land or water machine this year. I've been thinking of hitting some lake beaches and shallows. Lake Snoden? What type of hunting do you do? Coin and jewelry? Relic? beach and shallow water? Do they let you hunt at OU? Got a line on any old abandoned houses, farms etc? I hunted San Toy for a few hours years ago. Lots of good spots if you can gain access or have connections. Would love to hunt with you if the opportunity arises.
Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread