Anyone from lonf island

sergey199307rap

Jan 24, 2013
Hi every body jast bought my new metal detector and I don't k where to go. I wanna try to find gold and silver coins or treasure but I don't k right park or field. Or nice beach ;) lol
If same one can sachets place or tell story what and where found gold.....( treasure )) lol. Will be so happy to read and discuss!!!!)))

Thanks everyone ;)

GarrettGirl

Greenie
Feb 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,...I'm from Queens but I have family in Suffolk county! It's kinda hard to find places! I do research like about pirates and slavery on Long Island so get an idea where to begin and then I'm stuck trying to to places that actually allow u to metal detect! What part of Long Island are you in? You know Capt. Kidd was a pirate who was on Long Island.....you can look him up! If you ever go upstate the French Rev. War took place in that area like Lake Champlain , White Hall etc,.....also try too find old homesteads in parks.....I wish I could help more but I'm having a hard time finding places also.! When I ask people that own old places like the old Woolworth Estate that's been empty forever they are rude and say no u can't this is private property,.....just to dig in dirt area not on their lawn but such is life! If I hear of any good places I will post them! Look up history of Long Island ,...it might help! I know George Washington was also on Long Island and. So was T. Roosevelt too. Good Luck! From. Garrett At pro Girl

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes guys please post up places , last yr. i was out there but it was kinda biss. ... im planning a trip to vist again in aug-sep this yr. and i need pklaces to know about ... I will be staying in dix hills and hemstead , but i will be in queens at my familys biss. at the green point bridge .

GarrettGirl

Greenie
Feb 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will keep u posted,...doing some research this weekend! There is an old farm that's out of service but I'm trying to find out if we can detect on it it's of the service rd on the Long Island expressway ext. 39 Called the Town and they said its owned by a Korean Church so I don't think we can go on the property without their permission,....now to track them down!!! I know that farm is got to be from the 1800's!

HogGrin

Mar 20, 2013
Suffolk Co. Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi there, It will be hard to find places like you are looking for on Long Island. You will have to knock on a lot of doors to get a positive response. I am 3 month old noobie, and i have been concentrating on parks and beaches for now. Have not found any relics but have found many coins. I have been doing some research in abandoned properties and such. There are some think about getting together to search some of the old Pilgrim state hospital grounds. look up the thread. They are waiting for the warmer weather.

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm spending more time looking for places than actually going out. Very frustrating... Got my eyes on kings park psyc. Center. What a great place.

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer, Plastic Scooper, Trowel, 17" Shovel, Lesche Digging Tool, Garrett Camo Treasure Pouch, Garrett Detector Bag, Headphone Bag, LED Flashlight, 8.5"x11" DD Coil Cover
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there, It will be hard to find places like you are looking for on Long Island. You will have to knock on a lot of doors to get a positive response. I am 3 month old noobie, and i have been concentrating on parks and beaches for now. Have not found any relics but have found many coins. I have been doing some research in abandoned properties and such. There are some think about getting together to search some of the old Pilgrim state hospital grounds. look up the thread. They are waiting for the warmer weather.

Any good coins?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread