Anyone from Nassau county or suffolk need an interesting property to MD?

Chipdoo

Greenie
May 24, 2007
Hi all,
Ive been reading these forums for awhile and have a strong interest in MDing, but never done it. Crazy work schedule and a 1 year old keep me busy and wears me out.

Anyway, before I give out the info or if anyone thinks I shouldn't, there is a house up for sale on the South side of Nassau county.
What makes it interesting is that is was built in 1689! Property is a nice 72x156 and there are still 2 barns on site!
Not sure how it would work, if you need to contact the owner and get permission or what not. I just don't want people flooding this person asking for permission.
Let me know if there would be any interest before I would send you the link. I wish I can do it myself, but I never done it and simply don't have the time! :'(
Then again, maybe people would think its not worth the time....

-Chip

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
Hi,
I'm Daniel, I live in North NJ and am having a hard time finding places to go MD'ing.
I would really be interested in checking this place out.
I know what you mean about work, Im a network admin in computers and dont get much time so I am trying to find older places of interest.
Hopefully we can get permission to hunt this spot.
Thanks, let me know

SMS88

Mar 3, 2007
Culinay Institute of America, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Oh, I'd like to hunt a place like that! Hope it's not too far in nassau since i live way out in riverhead and only get 2 days off per week. Possibly a chance to get away from the boring claD

OP
OP
C

Chipdoo

Greenie
May 24, 2007
Funny thing. Today I was driving around with my wife looking for open houses. When we called it quits we were waiting at a red light and my wife says "isn't that the really old house that we seen?"
I was like WOW! There is was right in front of me!

You can tell its a reaaaal old house and theres actually a sign on the front lawn stating that the first settlers lived there of the town. Pretty cool stuff!

Downside to it, from what I can see, the 2 HUGE barns and the huge house take up most of the land and theres many shrubs and trees..... :(
Kieser, I could probably find the time for it, but the issue is also that I never MD'ed! :-\

-Chip

Ralphw

May 26, 2003
long island ny
Detector(s) used
white's dfx Bounty hunter landstar
wow nice place..... I'm here in Nassau and can't find any decent places to go I just might call......thanks..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread