Anyone from Santa Barbara?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I'm about 4 hrs. north of you, but have hunted Santa Barbara area when passing through, over the years. Got some silver out of the parks, relics out the yonder-areas, etc.... I ran into a few locals, so I know there's some club or something there, as I recall. Contact the dealer in that area, and no doubt he'll know.

And there is a CA specific web-forum where a bunch of us from CA read/post on: Kinzli forum. However, to get to the main pages, you have to sign up. But it's not that hard: pick a name and a password, and you'll get on. There's a good handful of southern CA hunters (beach, turf, relicky, etc..) that read/post there.

What kind of stuff did you find in Russia? :)

OP
OP
K

Konstantin

Feb 6, 2012
Santa Barbara
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Tom

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try to figure out if there is any dealer near Santa Barbara.

In what parks did you find the "silvers"? ;) I've been to the Rocky Nook Park and found about 50 modern coins and that's it ;(

There are some photos of our "huntings" in Russia: https://picasaweb.google.com/103094990424097799437/TreasureHunting?authkey=Gv1sRgCJCDy8jKlf-CUQ#

I found there: 400+ copper coins, about 50 silver ones, some bronze and silver rings and some other stuffs. The coins are 100-250 y.o. but a friend of mine found a Turkish one made in 1095 AD.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread