Anyone get metal detecting xmas gifts ?

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got a Omegamill pouch from my wife. I guess it's time to retire the utility belt. I do have a bomb hanger (holds leache digger and pinpointer) for those minimalist times but the pinpointer falls out! I was going to point the holster for the pinpointer up more, but I think I have to take it to a leather worker.

high&dry

Mar 8, 2014
SWFL
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My awesome wife got me a pair of Gray Ghost headphones, relic elite finds pouch, and cors strike coil for the 705!
I got her an ATPRO to upgrade from her fisher f2.
Merry Christmas all........gonna try it all out in Vero Beach next week!

high&dry

Mar 8, 2014
SWFL
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, and we got each other some nice stainless sand scoops too!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a Garrett ace 250 plus a set of headphones. How does this unit perform for you other guys?

I used the Ace 250 for over three years and found a ton of awesome coins and relics. Colonial shoe buckles, flat buttons, musket balls, silver coins from the 1700's, large cents, King George coppers and so on. Check out my videos on YouTube, if you get the chance. I think you'll be amazed at all the great stuff I found with my Ace 250!

https://www.youtube.com/user/SkynyrdTim/videos

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention, I got a really cool metal detecting book for Christmas. It's "The Metal Detecting Bible" by Brandon Neice (Dr.Tones). Looks to be a very informative book, even for someone who's been detecting for a few years.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a detecting rig for Christmas. A 2005 Ford F150 crew cab. I got tired of trying to fit my E-Trac in the Bimmer.

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a Lesche Digger. Never knew what all the fuss was about and couldn't see the point in spending $35 when I already had a Garrett Edge and Kellyco Gator. Had the chance to detect and dig with it yesterday. Lightweight, works great and cuts a nice plug with less effort. Very happy and I am regulating my old diggers to the junk drawer from now on. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 6563_33488_p1.jpg
    6563_33488_p1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a set of 3 Whitman Penny books from my Brother. I have had a lot of fun going through all of the pennies I have dug trying to fill them. It seems that pennies are about all I find so it will make filling the books a fun challenge. On a good note while I was going through my Wheat Cents I found an Indian Head (only my 2nd) in the jar :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions