Anyone have an idea what this is worth??

ndstomper

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2005

Attachments

• DSCN1500.JPG
    DSCN1500.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 2,539
  • DSCN1511.JPG
    DSCN1511.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 2,547
  • DSCN1516.JPG
    DSCN1516.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 2,530

xtanne

Greenie
Jan 9, 2005
Florida
There was an old company...
"Little Nemo Manufacturing Company, founded by Benjamin and Charles Brier and Samuel Magid dates back to 1913 and was in operation until 1978...."

Which would fit the deco with cab jewel style.

A block print NEMO was used by Milton Fischer of NY, NY but I don't think they were rings, but scarf pins.

But...
there's also a modern company (I don't think affiliated with the old co.)

Gives you some places to start looking I guess.

Pretty ring!

OP
OP
N

ndstomper

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2005
No the design only goes about 1/2 inch on each side of the stone. I have been told by some that they think it is a birthstone ring. The block nemo script was supposed to be used by Milton A. Fischer, but he supposedly only designed scarf pins. The Little Nemo Manufacturing Company made costume jewelry, but their mark was an L/
/N
One website intimated that Fischer was a part of Little Nemo Manufacturing. Which would explain the block script on a ring. Question is, is it gold? I believe it is, as it looks just like it did when I found it. I did have to clean a little dirt out of the design, but otherwise it looks just like it did when I pulled it out of the plug. Like I stated before the only markings are the design and the block script. I found it in a native prairie pasture where an old school used to be. The school house was moved 1 1/2 miles down the road and used as a grainary in the late 1940's or early 50's. My father in-law says he remembers it still setting in the corner on his pasture when he was about 3 or 4 years old, and he was born in 1946. I have no idea when they quit using it as a school.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!

HH

Lonewolfe

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
ND,

nice find;

have you been finding many other artifacts from the period?

have a good un..............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread