Anyone have any hunting suggestions for the Galena area?

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats some old hunting grounds there boy. You might be lucky enough to find some silver ore. AlaskaAng is from those parts, maybe she can give you some ideas.

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pocketspill was out there a few weeks ago.

snowyettie

Feb 19, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, and Ace 250
My wife and I went up there in April for a weekend for our 1 year wedding anniversary. If you haven't been there before, its pretty nice. She told me I could detect a bit while we were there, but it snowed. (She probably would have been mad if I did anyways.) I wish you good luck and hope you find some nice treasure.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
silver spoon said:
weird that i found this old post but im thinking of going out to galena to detect anybody gone out there lately.

Go to the State Park office near there, get a permit for some of the local DNR hunt sites, as the State Parks around there do not allow hunting anymore. A lot of the DNR hunting lands out there also have old homesites/farms on them.

If you can, wait until November but wear warmer clothing that covers you entirely, might be lots of ticks and spiders out that way. Try this clothing shop:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/498004852/2012_Christmas_deer_adult_mascot_costumes.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions