Anyone have any info on this thing??

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products
This came out of a virginia unclaimed property auction, its a maltese cross with all this CSA stuff on it. The name on the tag is A Simpson and the piece is dated 1863. Looks to have a nice patina and seems to me probably made in the period. Thanks for any information. It is like 3.5" big or so, I have not seen anything like this before. You can see I put a quarter next to it for reference size. Rich

Attachments

• good csa 1.jpg
    good csa 1.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 504
  • good csa 2.jpg
    good csa 2.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 496
  • good csa 3.jpg
    good csa 3.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 482
Upvote 0
I hate to be the one that say's it, but it is a fake id badge. I see these all the time at flea markets.

without handling the object, i would hesitate to call it a fake...it does seem to fall into the trench art classification...most trench art was made after the conflict.

pippinwhitepaws said:
without handling the object, i would hesitate to call it a fake...it does seem to fall into the trench art classification...most trench art was made after the conflict.

Yeah, like the year 2000. I am pretty confident that is fake. Just send a pic to that website and let us know what he say's.

Grave Marker
Precursor of this maybe...

Attachments

• WAJackson_make_GIF[1].jpg
    WAJackson_make_GIF[1].jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 441
With the 2 holes at the top, I wonder if it was a POW tag, or something worn around the neck or waist ??

PLL

I don't have a clue,but if I would have seen this at an auction I would have bought it.
That piece is very interesting,I like it.
But I would not call it a fake until I had a pro look at it.
Until it is in your hand the eye can be very deceiving.
Keep us informed on what you find out about it.
If it is real it could be worth a few $$

fortbball9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back