anyone have experience with the 4.5x7 DD XL coil for Etrac?

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
In my experience this coil not worth spend time-not deep, you have best all round coil already on your detector. :hello:

MercMan

Sep 15, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II
I use the Sunray X-5. Very impressive little coil for high trash areas. I have found with the smaller coil I can run the Etrac wide open with no issues. It does not give up any depth from the stock coil.
I went to a school yard that has been heavily searched over the years(not only by me but many others). It is an area apprx. 50X100, there is a lot of trash, highly mineralized and one side of it has fill dirt from a new ball field. With the stock coil I found 4 silver dimes and 6 wheats over two seperate hunts. I took the sunray coil and in 2hrs pulled 7 wheats, two 1943 P nickels and two more dimes out of the same area. Most of these targets were right up next to "bad" targets. Some as deep as 8 "+. Two of the wheats had the old style pull tabs come out of the hole first but the sunray coil was able to separate the good from the bad.
One nice thing about the smaller coil is it really forced me to slow way way down. I know one or two of these targets were questionable with the stock coil and that is probably the reason I passed over them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread