Anyone have Los Angeles Parks Rules & Regulations?

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Anyone have Los Angeles Parks Rules & Regulations?

I read the other posts about LA detecting but didn't see where anyone mentioned rules and regs. for detecting in LA parks. I've been checking the LA sites but have been unable to find rules & regs. I normally hunt tot lots at schools & parks but occasionally I do hit the grassy areas in parks.

I may be going to LA sometime this year and would like to be prepared. I do intend to hit some of the beaches but would like to hit some parks & tot lots as well.

If anyone can find the rules & regs I'd appreciate it if you could post them here.

Thanks

S

stefen

Re: Anyone have Los Angeles Parks Rules & Regulations?

Try both the City and County Parks Departments for info:

http://parks.lacounty.gov/

http://laparks.org/contact

There are also numerous cities within the county that will also have their own regulations...might try them also.

Although the beaches are in the county, and regulated by the county, they fall within numerous cities (not los Angeles)...

Get a map and plan ahead...

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007

Years ago I have hunted many parks in the los angeles area. I never had a problem with any with any persons in authority. Try to stay to the outlying areas,the inner city parks are rife with gang members. Leave the beaches before it starts to get dark,use paid parking lots only, use your common sense,and for god sakes,dont go to Hollywood at night{ya-right,ha ha}, the Univesal City walk tour is cool though.............good hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

If you go with Stefan's advice, to check out those laws websites, and if you find that the subject of metal detecting is not addressed (ie.: silent on the issue), then consider yourself no different than someone flying a kite, using the swings, water fountain, etc...... But if you asked in-person "can I detect at such & such park", you open the door for someone to say "no" (who's image is of geeks with shovels), when in fact, there are no prohibitions, and when in fact, no one really cares. Just be neat, go at off-traffic hours, etc.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread