anyone have problems with Minelabs Pro-find 25 peeps at nothing

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought two of these ones a little older but has less use than the newer one because it peeps at nothing I cant use it. I can literally hold it in the air and it will slowly churp. My dealer confirmed others have said the same thing but is there a fix? My dealer wasn't happy with minelabs service and I think was in the process of eliminating the minelab line (small shop). I know if I get it stable and push on the housing with my finger its churps. Other then that I cant find a pattern. Turning the sensitivity down helps but then I loose its ability. I do like the better working one and it does it sometimes but turning it off and on seems to help. Id appreciate any help. Right now I have $300 in iffy pin pointers...

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this will work.. but... use your MD to find a target free spot. Put the tip of the PP on the ground where you know there is no target and turn it on.. If it auto ground balances this may help it out.. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread