Anyone Hitting the Beaches With A Tiger Shark

tah06090

Nov 6, 2011
Vermont
Detector(s) used
E-trac/ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought one will be here today gonna get out fri and sat with it ill let you know. Ive heard lots of good for freshwater not so great for salt

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. It's the cats azz in fresh water. Bleepity, blubity, bloo in the salt.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Tiger Shark does not like waves and rolling surf. It will cause it to beep and cry a lot which will cover up deep signals. With the correct sensativity setting of the POT inside the unit and the correct ground balance, the 10" round coil will hit clear on a 5g, 14k gold ring at 10"-11" deep on my wet salt sand beach. Remember that every beach is different and it may be different on your beach. Good luck. It is not the deepest or the greatest discrimination or the most stable in the salt water. However, it is a solid machine with an unbeatable warranty and it is sensative to small gold. I use mine effectively on the wet salt sand.

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscoop, I've read a lot of reviews and discussion by users of the Tiger Shark. What DewGuru and Beach Papa said are pretty much what I found out. It's built to take the elements a tough machine. Users love it on beaches and in fresh water but it's hard to keep stable in and around the water for most users on most saltwater beaches.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like mine.

It's definitely not the deepest, but mine handles the saltwater just fine.

The beach I hunt is popular with hunters, but I do ok.

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin' Bigscoop, I have the Tesoro Sand Shark, White's Dual Field and White's PI. I have used them here in California on beaches that vary with the iron content. Lately all I use is the Sand Shark. I was asked why on another forum. My reply was, even though the Sand Shark doesn't go as deep as the Dual Field or PI, it is better at targeting. In water knee deep, when you can't see your feet I have been able to pull nickels out at about 6 to 8 inches on the first scoop. With all three detectors I do get a work out. I dig everything. As DEWGURU quote says HE WHO DIGS THE MOST TRASH DIGS THE MOST TREASURE. I like that. Good work out too. HH GFP

lay385

Greenie
Sep 8, 2011
tiger shark

I have the tiger shark for about a year and the first place I went was salt water and found a 25 stone cz bracelet along side all the bottle caps and bobbie pins as well as clad in waist deep water calm.It hit with a loud signal.I find it hard to control the 10" coil in surf but not if i get in waist deep clear water.I turn down my disc. and haven't change the setting on the ground balance from the factory.basiclly I turn-it on and go. It has salt & dry switch. Its gets the job done. Its does good land fishing.
happysmiley.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread