anyone hunting the charleston sc area?

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the competition sucks! My town happens to have the largest coin collecting club in the state of Indiana and I've got lots of competition. Ive found 5 or 6 different marks on rolls and only once have I found a silver coin in one of them... a 40% silver with a black edge.

So that's why I order boxes. At least they haven't been searched and re-rolled and there is a chance of finding silver. Found 47 silver halves in a box of 1000 this week. :)

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, start dropping off your coins at other banks so that maybe he will get frustrated and stop doing it. Never hurts to try.

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
I forced a guy out once. Probably wasn't a nice thing to do. I ran into him in the bank & he was a real jerk, so he kind of deserved it I guess. I flooded that bank with rolls of searched halves from all over the state.

Paul

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Gotta agree with Bscofield. Get new Boxes when you can. Order the boxes from a bank that you don't turn in to. That way perhaps they stay clear of halves. Most that have halfs don't seem to want to order them unless you buy the ones they have first. Perhap opening a small savings at another bank to get this done will be the win.

Postalrevnant

OP
OP

98 gt

Oct 5, 2006
i drop all my searched rolls at 3 different wachovia banks. i know the bank he gets them from. he had turned $460 in the day before i went in. i went across the street and got $40 from that bank and scored 15 40% halves. its just at that particular bank where he goes, i had picked up eighty dollars about a week and a half earlier and got that 41 40%'ers.
oh well..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread