Anyone in CT use the Xterra-70?

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
I am getting one because I can't swing my 2500 for any length of time due to 3 shoulder surgeries. If anyone does and you would like to meet up to show me the fine points of using it, can you let me know?

Weekends are good for me. I believe it will arrive in time for next weekend. We don't have to go to any of your good spots, just a tot-lot or something where I have a chance of learning it better.

Thanks.

ghost13_boo

Greenie
Feb 22, 2007
southbury,ct
Detector(s) used
minelab sov elite
sorry 2 here about the surg. get well soon!!! just picked up a safari myself hoping to get it in 4 next weekend! havent used a digital minelab yet but as a general rule swing it REAL SLOW! i know my soveriegn had a hell of a recovery time between targets! - good luck, ben

OP
OP
lafatlife

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Thanks Ghost, the last surgery was this past October and now I can't swing the weight of the 2500 for very long. An hour, 2 at most and that is switching arms. It rots and I hate to get rid of it but I think I am going to have to sell it. I just got the mineral chip and new coil for it too.

Why go slow with it? I thought these had a quick recovery speed on them. Just asking...

ghost13_boo

Greenie
Feb 22, 2007
southbury,ct
Detector(s) used
minelab sov elite
i've heard they're ALOT better now, but my exp. is w/ the sovereign(very slow recovery time) im guessing thats why the worked so hard to fix it i've heard nuthing but good on the new models and actually saw a posted recovery time test on youtube on the safari and its unbelievable!!! my info is posted under topic "anyone in ct"

OP
OP
lafatlife

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
yea I watched a youtube video on the response time for the 70 and it seemed really quick. I like that but then who doesn't?

newenglanddetectors

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2009
Milford,CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Garrett, Tesoro,Whites,Tekenetics,Fisher,Detector pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, If your interested in any of Minelab Products Check us out. We are an authorized dealer in Connecticut. Anyone who buys a Safari Get a Free Handheld GPS Plus all this other Great stuff. There are deals going on for our spring specials you call us or email us [email protected]
1888-734-1544
FREE FINDS AND TOOL BAG

FREE Koss UR30 Headphones

FREE DIGGING TOOL

FREE CONTROL BOX COVER

FREE 2 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION TO LOST TREASURE

FREE HANDHELD GPS UNit

and the all important rechargable battery .
Hope I helped you out in finding your Connecticut dealer

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
I"m in CT and use an XT70 as my primary dedetector... Response time is fast...

Let me know what questions you have or if you want to get together...

Paul

OP
OP
lafatlife

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Thanks Paul. I went out today for the first time with my xterra. I really like it. It is light and doesn't bother my shoulder. I have to get used to the different beeps and such but all in all I didn't do too bad today. Found $1.92 in clad from a spot that I have been over and over.

It was very windy and raining on and off but I managed 3 hours today. I will probably have some questions when I use it more so thanks for the offer.

I am in NW CT so we are about and hour and a half or so away from each other but on a nice weekend I would be willing to travel down your way. I will ask a friend of mine to go with me, she loves the beach area.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Xterra-70 and it is a great detector. I am seeking friends to search parks and beaching in and around Bridgeport, Ct. Have detector, but no car.

[email protected]

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a great detector, but, it is hard to learn how to use it. I am seeking friends to search parks and beachs in and around Bridgeport, CT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread