Anyone in Eastern New York...? Hudson Valley...?

Turnpike

Tenderfoot
May 26, 2019
Hudson Valley NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to the idea of prospecting, (though I've spent hours online reading and watching videos) and more interested in exploring it for the fun than a bet on hitting it big. While my research shows that not a lot is out there about gold in eastern NY, I'm SURE that a lot of documentation and sharing online is skipped because of NY's claim on whatever you find here.

I'm not saying there's a ton of hidden treasure, I'm just saying there's likely a good bit more than we read about because of it belonging to the State. It only makes sense that would be the case.

So I'm wondering, are there any other prospectors here that are also in the Hudson Valley...? Or even anywhere close? Or does anyone know of any good/legal places to look anywhere in Eastern NY? Most times when I find something that mentions NY State it's about western NY or somewhere far upstate.

Also, for what it's worth, I'm open to helping/buying/investing in equipment for prospecting, treasure hunting, whatever... as long as it's not too far away and sounds like fun.

Upvote 0

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest: