anyone in the butcher - business?

djkam

Feb 27, 2007
friesland netherlands europe
Detector(s) used
garrett gtax750
now this i didn't find mding, it was given to me more than 25 years ago, i should try to sell it, no buyers and i forgot all about it. yesterday i was cleaning up the shed and there it was standing in a corner. i won't sell it anymore but as it is more than 150 years of age i thought it nice to share it with all the readers of treasurenet. it's about 80 cm long and quite heavy. it has seen years of practice as al the moving and suspending parts are worn so i think I'll clean and oil it a bit to prevent rust and than put it on the wall in the shed so visitors can see it.
dj

Attachments

• CIMG2271_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    CIMG2271_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 596
  • CIMG2272_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    CIMG2272_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 601
  • CIMG2273_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    CIMG2273_Formaat wijzigen.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 590
Upvote 0

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would put 'em up and display them. That is neat...d2

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Cool. I worked my way through school as a butcher, but we just used hooks and pulleys to hang the sides and hindquarters. I've never seen one of those contraptions before.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find.At a 150 years old the scales could have been used for many applications.At time of 1850's settlement,you couldn't always have what was required ,so they used a bit of "settler ingenuity" butcher scales ;D

tinpan

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the thing to weigh up your snags and rissoles for your next barbie ;)

Let me know if you're ever planning on having a garage sale because it sounds like there's 25 years worth of treasures in your shed.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harry_Morant said:
Just the thing to weigh up your snags and rissoles for your next barbie ;)

Let me know if you're ever planning on having a garage sale because it sounds like there's 25 years worth of treasures in your shed.

LoL Harry 25 years worth of junk and a whole heep of very unwanted relatives junk.Who put the treasure in my shed. ??? ??? ???

tinpan

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks vaugely familiar.

This one is in my cellar. Jetsam from family attrition. Don't know it's history, but it still works.

Attachments

• IM000917.JPG
    IM000917.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 200

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions