Anyone interested in a scheduled search of an old farm house lot in Denver?

TiredIron

Mar 10, 2009
Cotopaxi, Colorado
Detector(s) used
CZ-7, F5, FX-3
I'm going to toss this out to test the waters to see if there is any interest. On the far south edge of Denver...actually near Highlands Ranch there is a large lot where an old farm house stood till about 1991-92. I would guess it might have been built about 1900-1920's. My company bought the property and had the local fire department execute a controlled training burn and pushed the residue into the hole and covered it up. Now they just keep the weeds mowed and its fenced off to the general public.
I'm new to MD'ing and have a Fisher CZ-7. I'm going through the newbies frustrations of learning how to use it. I have done a few 30 minute searches and have gotten good at finding nails and junk.....so I guess thats how everybody learns. In an attempt to meet a few others in the Denver area and see how you all use your own detectors....I thought I might open up an offer for anyone interested to meet on this lot one Sat. or Sun. and have a open search. I might drag a grill in and provide a dog, burger, and cool drink to anyone and everyone.
I have been following posts throughout these boards about similar type sites and I honestly believe this place should cough up some coins and maybe interesting junk. I do not believe there is anything more than that and the rules would be "you keep whatever you find". Again this would just be a "Meet & Greet....Swing'n Dig Get Togther". You would have 3-4 acres to wander around on. I'm interested in any suggestions and Dates. Maybe its already getting too hot and you all would rather wait till fall?
If your interested....send me a PM or Email and I'll put you on a phone list to call if we can get 6-10 people with nothing better to do on a weekend day this year.
adios
TiredIron :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread