Anyone know about Coors embossed bottles? Found in Gilpin, Co Colorado.

Barry-Goodknight

Sep 4, 2012
Black Hawk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a half hour or so looking for old Coors bottles on sites like ebay. Couldn't find anything.

I found a thread on some bottle collecting forum and one of the guys said the reason you can't find much info about them is because Coors wasn't a national company when they used embossed bottles so there isn't as much info about them.

My buddy and I were out in the mountains messing around in old mines and stuff. We came across what appeared to be some sort of old trash pit / dumping area. The entire area was full of glass and old cans. Most of the glass was broken, but these two were in a bush unbroken.

There were some really old bottles there but they were broken. You know, the cool looking little medicine bottles and that dark blue color bottoles with awesome designs. But all those were broken. We tried to dig down a little but everytime we started digging my dog would run up and try to also dig which is obviously not a good idea.

5phggyc.jpg FmWoekA.jpg drKmrQE.jpg GkPBAhS.jpg

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Barry,

You've got a "NDNR" No Deposit No Return beer bottle made for Coors by the Glass Container Corp. in 1946 or 1956.

glass-corporation.jpg
Lost in the Desert

Coors was not yet a national brand at this time. Yours is not a Royal Ruby example. Value-wise, unfortunately, not so much.

COGOLcoors_emily.jpg

OP
OP
B

Barry-Goodknight

Sep 4, 2012
Black Hawk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, thanks.

My numbers on the bottom say "47 98"

I'm guessing 1947?

The other number looks like S [weird symbol] 6

I don't have a 15 number like yours does.

Where did you find your bottle?

OP
OP
B

Barry-Goodknight

Sep 4, 2012
Black Hawk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this one too. Looks similar to the Coors one expect there is no name/label.

It also has the GC symbol.

Probably common and worthless, but these are the first two bottles I have ever found...

A7sD0TP.jpg zA7mYcH.jpg A7sD0TP.jpg mHS4vym.jpg

OP
OP
B

Barry-Goodknight

Sep 4, 2012
Black Hawk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were some really awesome looking parts of bottles in this area. Squares, rectangles, octagon, all sorts of really neat shapes but they were all broken. And like I said about my dog, so we couldn't really dig down at all.

OP
OP
B

Barry-Goodknight

Sep 4, 2012
Black Hawk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I emailed that guy you linked to a link to this thread. He said if you have any info on GC bottles to contact him. He was looking for the rounded logo and/or info on GC bottling plant locations. But, figured I'd email him anyway.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Barry, sadly your bottles are more recent. Keep hunting their out there somewhere waiting for you to find them. I've included some photos of some older Coors bottles ,taken from the Colorado book(no copyright infringment intended) so you can get an idea of what the old ones look like. We have dug about 3/4 of the known Coors bottles in the last 30 years,but not for many years. Good luck !!

Attachments

• DSCF5149.JPG
    DSCF5149.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 313
  • DSCF5151.JPG
    DSCF5151.JPG
    230 KB · Views: 290
  • DSCF5153.JPG
    DSCF5153.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF5154.JPG
    DSCF5154.JPG