anyone know about rocks?

kawkasian

Jun 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is a a rock i found many years ago that cannot be determined as to what it is. DSCF4398.JPG DSCF4399.JPG DSCF4400.JPG

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool specimen.

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is the center has maybe some gypsum or calcite crystallization going on. What ever it is, it's a very interesting specimen.

Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen a lot of Jesuit stone but this is a new one. It's represents the dragon. There are a few symbols on it. You will be able to see the messageon it using light from an angle. Nice find

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I do not know much about rocks, but I do know that you should not drop that one on your foot. It may cause discomfort.

Upvote 0

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Igneous rock with a cavity where calcite crystals grew. Various ways that could have happened. Very nice specimen...

Upvote 0

Calgarychef

Jan 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering when the Jesuit angle would come out....must be an interesting world to live in imagining that every rock is a Jesuit sign.

Upvote 0

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Downright scary. If a little vinegar is put on the white stone and it fizzes it's probably calcite
I would like to see this re posted in the rock forum further down.

Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering when the Jesuit angle would come out....must be an interesting world to live in imagining that every rock is a Jesuit sign.
It must be hard for some not to be able to see the hidden world around you. It has the words Jesuit priest on in two places in one picture. Then again you might be a sentinel. That stone is a good example of their work. Hidden in plain sight. There are a lot of us that can see what those can't. It takes a certain way of looking at things. It's by no means imagination. It's education that doesn't come from college. It comes from being in a field they know nothing about. Meanly being out in the field is where you will get it from. This kind of stuff is of a group of men that were here over a hundred years. There were others before them. These stones tell a story from one of the most read book in history. The Bible.

Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most naysayers are probably from Geological society. Sure you know what a stone is made from. But you may be missing the real story. Not all stones are Jesuit or Templar or even any other order. I can go any museum and find their work That doesn't mean they will believe it. Some can't think outside the text books. I not talking about anyone on here but if that shoe fits well what can I say.

Upvote 0

PaddyB

Jul 18, 2016
Devon, England
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't say I am a Geologist, but I have some knowledge. It looks to me as if the vein has filled and then re-dissolved during its lifetime, which would fit with a Calcite or Gypsum intrusion. It looks more Gypsum to me. A few answers might help:
1. Whereabouts was it found initially? Was it in a river or the sea when found? Or exposed to rain?
2. How hard is the grey rock? Does it scratch with steel, or a finger nail?
3. Have you tried the drop of vinegar on the white crystals yet?

However it got to where it is, it looks really cool!

Upvote 0

Rocsteddie

Jun 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Natural split stone with stalactites and stalagmites( minerals from water flowing over and into cavity of stone) that were formed over many hundreds of years. IMO Nice and unusual find.

Upvote 0

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im with backwoodsbob that anything that unusual is at least a object out of place. Now most of us walk right by stuff like this every day. I have seen odd stones placed to mark a area. Now Im surprised a few of the prospectors didnt pipe up here. That right there is a natural gold catcher. One of the many things the Spanish would look for when hunting gold was to find where the quartz met the stone. Now this may not be quartz, but its a very good example of what I look for when gold hunting in quartz. Now for marks on the stone. I have seen worked stones and would not give this stone a second look. But I am interested to learn the mark that Bob considers a priest mark. I have found ink stains of priest on walls and would love to see what Bob has found.

Upvote 0

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a petrified gator head...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When dealing with Jesuit related stuff things are not what they seem. At the top right side is the biggest words. It says cave of the Dove. The whole stone is about the cave. In the middle of the stone the white area. There are little effigies that are hard to see. If one knows the signs and symbols of the treasure code. You should be able to see the symbols on the stone. They like to overlap a lot making it harder on untrained eyes. There at the area where this stone was found. There will be more signs to see. If it was so easy to make out their stuff anyone would be able to find it. One of the ways to make out their name is to look for es together or it. They would put the J and P on top of each other. On other stones I also look for their hat. It comes in different ways but it a easy way to tell. This stone is different from any I've seen but I've seen all kinds. Don't limit yourself to just stones. They left their mark on anything they could. There are other orders that were out there. There were two different groups on a site I'm working now. They use the Bible for their code book as well. Most priest carried one. All they sites have a story from the Bible. One might see a phrase like So Be It. That is a clue. When you cross reference it you will be told something. I will tell you that if you find that phrase. It will be at the bottom of a hill.
Happy Hunting and may God Bless you all.
Bob

Upvote 0

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Never seen anything like it. Guaranteed I would have brought it home if I'd found it. Be interested to find out where you found it, any back story, not specific, just in river or on a hill side in what state.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread