Anyone know anything about Trademark infringement? (Domain name infringement)

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I recently found that someone has started a website offering the very same service that I offer. The only difference in the domain name is a " - " symbol (a dash symbol). I currently have a Trademark filling number that's currently with the trademark office. I am a government recognized business entity by state and federal entities. Their business however, is not (I looked). Their website popped up only a very short time ago (a few weeks), and it's been registered since March.

It's kind of like the difference between "Treasurenet.com" and "Treasure-net.com"

I'll be sure to google my rear off for more information, but perhaps their is someone here that's immediately knowledgeable.

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
Not on the name. If you didn't cover your bases and pick up all the variations of the name, then that's totally your fault. Content is another matter though. If they're duplicating your content, then you may have a case, it depends on your terms of service of the site and how far you have gone already to try to protect it. It could be completely owned by you, or it could be completely wide open, or anything in between.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread