OP
OP
Diggins

Diggins

Sep 19, 2006
Geneva, IL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Yes, I am working on that now. Should be able to post some later, need batteries in the camera, and NO WAY am I taking them from the detector.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol GOOD idea! Must preserve batteries for detector!! Looking forward to seeing the pictures! :D

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
There should be a manufacturer's name on the pistol. This greatly affects value. There should also be a code and a date. Are they on the same line or two lines? This will also affect value.

This is information you can give us without a picture and will help narrow it down pretty close.

Daryl

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
give more detail about the P-38 and i can give you approximate values. a serial number would be great if you could pm it to me.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
BioProfessor said:
There should be a manufacturer's name on the pistol. This greatly affects value. There should also be a code and a date. Are they on the same line or two lines? This will also affect value.

This is information you can give us without a picture and will help narrow it down pretty close.

Daryl

Daryl,

All P-38s were made by Walther.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Not really.

German P-38 Pistol CYQ Code Pistol
Price: US $895.00

A Spreewerke P38 showing the usual rough machine work. Spreewerke made heavy artillery for the German military and their pistols show a very poor finish with heavy milling/machining marks. This one shows serial No. 3478 X with all matching. 95% of the blue black finish remains with the black plastic grips grading excellent. Import Mark on butt. This CYQ has a Spreewerke barrel and original magazine as outlined on Page 175 of Vol 2. by Buxton. Waffen Eagle 88 proofed overall. A very clean and untouched P-38 in excellent plus conditiion.

As far as I know, Walther and Spreewerke were two different manufacturers but I could be wrong.

Daryl

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Daryl, ok your right. i went straight to my gun traders guide and looked em up not knowing about the Spreewerke models. They actually started production in Sep 1941 cause Walther couldnt keep up with demands. By the end of the war Spreewerke had only produce about 285,000. Thats kinda aggrivating though. i went and looked for Spreewerke in my book and its not even in there. but oh well.

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
P38s were also made by Mauser (code byf). In all cases, the quality of manufacture declined as the war progressed.

OP
OP
Diggins

Diggins

Sep 19, 2006
Geneva, IL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks everyone. I am hoping to have the pics and the codes,etc. by Mon. or Tues.

hasbeen

Jan 4, 2006
P-38 pistols were manufactured by the French in 1945 and 1946,they were made from parts captured from Mauser.Post war French manufactured P-38s can be identified by a star marking on the slide.Post war the P-38 was manufactured by Walther until about 1990.

hasbeen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread