anyone know how rare this token is cant find another like it anywhere or on goole

redelf12

Oct 5, 2013
Independence KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 505 / old bounty hunter quick draw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• image-3804277960.jpg
    image-3804277960.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 157
  • image-1742527689.jpg
    image-1742527689.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 167
OP
OP
redelf12

redelf12

Oct 5, 2013
Independence KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I seen that sent email but never know reply back from them just trying to learn about token couldn't find anything thing on it but it was made before 1926 because wright & son changed there name to wrights & sons after that !!! So anyone knowing anything would help :-$ thanks

Sent from my iPhone from redelf12

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Red--in answer to your initial question, trade tokens like this one were usually ordered in quantities ranging from 100 to 10000. The ravages of time, WWII scrap metal drives, and other factors probably took out 90-99% of them. Since it is not listed in the major databases of "maverick" tokens (i.e. the Token and Medal Society, National Association of Token Collectors, Indiana-Kentucky-Ohio Token and Medal Society, etc) and is not on TokenCatalog.com, the casualty figure is probably at the higher end of that range. So, very rare. Especially compared to coins. But don't think that rarity equals value, since the laws of supply and demand hold true. A maverick token (one without town and state) from that part of the country is just not in that high of demand. Especially one that has not been attributed or proven where the business was. I suspect it was used in the business of Frederick William Lenhoff in Kenton County, KY as he is the only guy I have been able to find with the correct surname and initials. But for most of his life, that guy was a bricklayer and I have yet to come across anything that shows him owning a saloon. Quite often ventures into that business were short-lived and left few traces. Tell us the state and maybe county where you found it - that might provide a clue. Also consider posting it on TokenCatalog.com as C. Sailor suggested. With your permission, I could post your pics if you don't want to.
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
redelf12

redelf12

Oct 5, 2013
Independence KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found it in Erlanger ky and was unable to find anything on it ... And yes if you don't mind to post the pics if it just let me know what you find out if you don't mind and thanks for the info :-)

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Red--Erlanger, KY is where the Frederick William Lenhoff lived, so I'll pursue that lead.
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
redelf12

redelf12

Oct 5, 2013
Independence KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank u so much !!! Hope to hear from ya soon :-)

OP
OP
redelf12

redelf12

Oct 5, 2013
Independence KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx :-)